PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

after submission features

1. dtenz

I've looked all through the site forums and features, and I can't find anything regarding what functionality/settings the forms can do upon submission.

Are users redirected to a specified page? Are they presented with a thank you message?

I'm looking for readers of a specific blog post fill out a form, hit submit, and be directed to a download.
    I have many products though, so I've been looking for a solution that would allow me to direct users to a different location from every post/product I create. Sound possible? Make sense?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday July 8, 2011 | Permalink
  2. What happens when the form is submitted is configured in the Form Settings, specifically under the Confirmation tab of the Form Settings. Documentation for the Form Settings can be found here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Form_Settings

The form can either show a Confirmation Message that you configure in the Form Settings, or it can redirect to a WordPress page or redirect to a 3rd party URL and pass form field data to that 3rd party URL via the query string.

A form only has one confirmation setting. It is not conditional, which means you can't show different messages or handle the confirmation differently based on form field selections. Conditional confirmations is a feature we plan on adding later this year.

3. dtenz

ok, that makes sense. Could this be a potential work around:
    I create form-1 located on blogpost-1 that sends someone to url-1, and well as form-2 located on blogpost-2 that sends someone to url-2

I may need about 50-60 "forms" in a years time that are identical, just sends users to different locations after submission.

4. Yes, you could create a form for each one.

Or you could create a custom confirmation page that handles displaying the correct content based on a form field selection made on the form. You could use the URL Redirect to redirect to this custom confirmation page, pass the value of the form field that determines what they are going to download in the query string and then read that value and display the appropriate content using custom code.

5. dtenz

Thanks Carl. That's cool it can do that. I'm not exatly sure if it'll work for this specific instance though.

Technically, the user would have already selected the product they want by navigating to the blog post of their choice, so they won't be choosing again what they want to d/l via the form. Just entering in an e-mail and maybe their name. I just want the page their confirmation page to correlate to the post/product they chose.

6. Thanks guys, this is a handy conversation!

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 18, 2011 | Permalink
  7. watchlooksee

Hi Guys

This is exactly what I need to do, can you point me to any resources on how to pass on the field information to the redirect page and to setup the page that will then display information based on the value of the field?

THANKS!

Posted 12 years ago on Friday August 5, 2011 | Permalink
  8. watchlooksee

Hi,

I figured out how to pass on the data with a query string, any help on how to setup the php redirect page would be appreciated!

cheers

9. Create a standalone PHP page that reads the query string value, and then uses PHP to redirect to the appropriate URL. I would suggest reading up how to read from the query string, and then how to do a switch/case statement for that value and then how to properly do a redirect.

10. @watchlooksee, please start a new support topic if you still need help with this as this was a pre-sales question initially and will be closed. Thank you.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday August 6, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.