PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Ajax Whois plugin makes Gravity Form disappear

1. lapearl

Hi,

when activating the function "Enable AJAX requests" from "Ajax Whois plugin" options page, the complete Gravity form disappears from the website. When setting "Enable AJAX requests" to "No", the Gravity Form again works fine and reappears. Any solution why the Ajax function of the Ajax Whois plugin makes the Gravity form disappear?

This is the plugin page: http://abdussamad.com/archives/446-Ajax-Whois-WordPress-Plugin.html

I'll appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday July 27, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Please post a link to your website where the error is occurring. It's a jQuery conflict which is causing the Gravity Form to disappear.

3. lapearl

Thanks for the quick reply!

Well, I have tested a couple of combinations and this is what came out:

1.) Both plugins appear with…
    - Enabled AJAX requests within the "Ajax Whois" plugin
    - Deactivated conditional logic in the Gravity Form fields

2.) Boths plugins appear with…
    - Deactivated AJAX requests within the "Ajax Whois" plugin
    - Enabled conditional logic in the Gravity Form fields

3.) Gravity Form disappears with…
    - Enabled AJAX requests within the "Ajax Whois" plugin
    - Enabled conditional logic in the Gravity Form fields

Link to my site: http://goo.gl/UdBcZ (with use of Option #3)

(the Gravity form can also be on any other page within my site and it will disappear. let's say the Ajax Whois plugin is on page A and the gravity form on page B, then the gravity form on page B will also disappear with option 3)

4. I just visited your page and I see the Whois form and the Gravity Form. What state is this in right now? I did not see any jQuery or JavaScript errors, and I did not see a problem with the form (although I am not sure what it is supposed to do. I see that it is visible.)

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday July 29, 2012 | Permalink
  5. lapearl

I had to deactivate the "Ajax function" of the Whois plugin in order to make the regular forms on my site appear/work that is why you were able to see both.

I have now acitvated the Ajax funtction again and will leave it like this until you have seen it (hopefully soon). So now if you visit my site (http://goo.gl/UdBcZ ) it will be the above mentioned option #3 (enabled Whois AJAX requests + Enabled conditional logic in the Gravity test Form) and what you will see is only the Whois plugin and the Gravity testform will not be visible - which is the problem.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday July 30, 2012 | Permalink
  6. David Peralty

It looks like your whois plugin creates a form and then in JS it defines the variable form which also Gravity Forms defines, thus potentially causing the conflict. Can you contact the other plugin author about this as well. I am no expert in JS, but I'll have one take a look.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday July 30, 2012 | Permalink
  7. lapearl

I guess I will change the provider. Because I have found out that on another website both plugins work together with enabled Ajax in Whois and activated conditional logic in gravity forms.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday July 31, 2012 | Permalink
  8. David Peralty

If it works on another host, then the we should try to isolate the differences between the working and not working installations so we can identify the source of the issue.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday July 31, 2012 | Permalink