PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Another PayPal Question

1. Hello,

I’ve tried searching Google and the forums before asking this question, however I understand this has probably been answered many times before.

I am looking to sell 1 product using gravity forms, where by the customer selects the quantity using a dropdown menu, that figure is passed on to PayPal using a redirect upon submit.

Found this helpful resource: http://wcdco.info/bv

However I cannot for the life of me, figure this out … the products wont be changing to often, even if the ‘redirect’ was dynamic it would be better then nothing.

Any suggestions you can provide would be much appreciated!

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday September 1, 2010 | Permalink
  2. The tutorial you link to basically sums up how to do simple PayPal integration.

PayPa integration basically consists of using the confirmation redirect functionality to redirect to PayPal and pass form field data to pre-populate the PayPal order.

Which part of the tutorial are you having problems implementing?

3. Hey Carl,

Quantity’s …
    example: http://wcdco.info/bw

I would like my dropdown menu to both control upload fields and the quantity which then changes the price.

I would like to carry over a description as well …

'1cmd=_xclick&business=example@example.com&item_name={Why ?:3}&amount={Amount:4}&currency_code={Currency:5}&return=http://www.example.com'

If this doesn’t work maybe I should purchase ‘phpurchase.com’ … however that might cut into my future gforms developer license budget, heck I only bought gforms for this site yet already using on every project :)

4. How soon do you need this done? Because we are actually working on the PayPal add-on for Gravity Forms right now... which is going to make integration with PayPal much easier. It's still in early development, but it's one of the new things we are actively working on right now. It will need beta testers once it is ready to be tested.

5. I know, I follow you on the interwebs … only problem here is that my client wont except delays … lol … if you mean by beta is it coded now? …

pop it in and runaway …

Technically, I need to figure this solution out today.

6. Well client accepted the additional costs of purchasing phpurchase pro… would be interested to see how these two apps work.

FYI Carl, if you ever need beta testing for anything just give me a shout … 5am to 11pm 7 days a week.

Thanks!

7. Can the add on incorporate sending paypal invoices via email? So the site user submits a form and gets an email paypal invoice in return?

Posted 13 years ago on Monday September 6, 2010 | Permalink
  8. So I was sitting here working and I swore I could smell PayPal integration cooking.... so I stopped over and guess what... well, lets just say hearing that it is being actively worked on makes me very very happy :)

I have a site all done, just waiting for this so I can get going with it, if you need a beta tester consider this my "begging" to get a copy ;-)

Posted 13 years ago on Monday September 6, 2010 | Permalink
  9. I'm also interested in being a beta tester for the paypal add on.

I'm currently looking at creating an online sign up form for banner advertising, i'd really like it if I could add a redirect to a paypal payment gateway using conditional logic, i.e:

if
    size 125x125 - link to http://www.domain.com/paypal1
    size 160x600 - link to http://www.domain.com/paypal2

I would love to use gravity forms for this, it'd be perfect!

Thanks

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday September 7, 2010 | Permalink
  10. Once the PayPal add-on is ready to be beta tested, we will post about it and make it available for Developers to download and beta test. So keep watching the support blog for the announcement.

11. Gene

Awesome. Thanks.

12. Brilliant

13. Carl, any updates on the PayPal add-on?

Posted 13 years ago on Monday September 13, 2010 | Permalink
  14. It's in development... it will be released as a beta release when it's ready.

15. This add-on sounds really helpful.
    If you need more beta testers, I'm happy to try it out!

16. When it is ready to beta test we will post a blog post about it and Developers will be able to download it and beta test it right away. So keep watching the support site... it's looking really cool so far.

17. I'm getting more and more excited for it with each passing day, I have 3 fairly substantial projects I have pushed the big pause button waiting to see if this will work as slick as I hope, so will be awesome once it is ready.

18. Joe T

Hardly able to contain myself - I have plugged "paypal" into the search box a dozen or more times waiting for this integration.

Keep up the great work, Carl. Loving this tool.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday September 22, 2010 | Permalink