PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Anyone use Gravity Forms to drive subscriptions from sidebar/widget?

1. Hey!

Struggling like the proverbial to figure out a way to inject the sidebar with a Gravity Form to drive subscriptions to my site.

Has anyone done this who would be prepared to share an example of its use in this respect and help out a fellow GFer figure it out? For reasons beyond my knowledge Joost's Gravity Forms sidebar widget ain't working on my site.

Thanks much!

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday June 6, 2010 | Permalink
  2. What do you mean "ain't working"? Are you manually enqueuing the scripts and CSS when you use the widget?

Read the section about "Function Call" here:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/embedding-a-form/

You need the code from the last box on that page.

If it's not working some other way, please post what's not working exactly.

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday June 6, 2010 | Permalink
  3. jkinley

Hi,

I am having CSS related issues as well. In the main content area, things work fine, but sidebars and footers not so much. I am manually enqueuing the scripts and CSS, but there are still issues. For example, look at the submit button. Why are they not the same in the main content area vs the footer?

http://barefeats.org/wp302/contact-us/

Thanks,

JK

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday June 15, 2011 | Permalink
  4. This is kind of off topic for this thread, but here's the deal.

The styles aren't a Gravity Forms specific issue, It's a problem with your theme styles. The form is simply inheriting a rule from your theme's (Thesis) layout.css file. If you look at the layout.css file on line 247 you'll see this rule.

[css]
    .format_text input,
    #commentform input,
    #commentform textarea {
      width: 45%;
      padding: 0.25em;
      border-width: 0.083em 0.083em 0.083em 0.083em;
    }

That's setting ANY input inside the "format_text" classed div to 45% width. Buttons are inputs, so it's inheriting that rule. The form in the footer doesn't inherit that rule so it doesn't look the same.

You can override that button style by adding this to your custom CSS rules.

[css]
    .format_text .gform_wrapper input[type=submit] {width:auto!important}

If you run into any other styling oddities, just search the forums for "Thesis" and you'll find plenty of other threads dealing with the same issues.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday June 15, 2011 | Permalink