PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Are there any functions that need to run to update / upgrade of GravityForms?

1. cwd

I used FTP to update the gravityforms plugin that was installed on my website. Are there any functions that need to run to update the database, etc now? This is how I've done it in the past but now I'm getting some funky behavior when one of the forms is displaying - this is after browser cache has been cleared.

Are there any hooks / functions that need to run to update / upgrade of GravityForms?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday November 27, 2012 | Permalink
  2. There are no hooks required. Gravity Forms should let you know when it needs to be updated. What version of WordPress and Gravity Forms are you currently running? Maybe you're not being notified of available updates for some reason.

3. cwd

I think you might have misunderstood. I'm pushing updates via FTP and if I just drop in the new version of the plugin without running an update, well do I need to do anything to "trigger" the update / changes hook like deactivating and reactivating?

4. I definitely misunderstood. Sorry about that. Sort of like how WordPress requires you to click the button to complete the upgrade after updating versions there?

I've never seen anything like that for after upgrade, but it's possible, if there is a database schema change or something.

How about if we focus instead on resolving your problem? Can you explain what is happening and post a link to the page where the form is embedded, so we can see it? Thanks.