PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Attached uploaded files to Notification Emails

1. fishnyc22

Hey there. I'm loving gravity forms. I'm trying to figure out if there is an easy way to do the following. A user submits a form that has a document (pdf,doc) that they uploaded. My client would like that document passed in the email notification. I'd like to make this happen for them. Any suggestions on how to do it. I was surprised that I didn't find anyone asking about this in the forums.

Thanks all!

Fish

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 16, 2011 | Permalink
  2. There is no easy way to do it. Attachments are not sent with Gravity Forms notifications at this time. You could do it as a customization, but it's not built in.

3. fishnyc22

Hey Chris. Thanks for letting me know. I'll leave it as is for now and see if the client finds issue with it. I'm wondering if they will have a problems with the files visible (though without the link and without it being in a post it can't be found). Time will tell :)

Would customizing involve changing your source or is it possible to do it with a hook to a custom add-on?

thanks again

4. Never modify the source :-)

You could use the gform_pre_submission hook to completely rewrite the notification. Or the gform_post_submission hook to do whatever you want. Everything is possible, but it would not be easy or trivial. But it is possible.

You could write a function or routine to use the PHPMailer class which supports attachments, then use one of the Gravity Forms hooks to execute the function.

5. This is something that my client needs as well. All of my clients that get uploaded files with the form, want them to come as attachment to email, not link to file. I've read other posts where I think someone posted a fix in the functions.php file, but it didn't work.

Please help.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday November 9, 2012 | Permalink