PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Authorize.net SIM?

1. Hey all, we have First Data Global Gateway, and I looked over their documentation and they have authorize.net emulation service, but it appears to only be available for the SIM integration, not the AIM integration. Well, I took a shot at a hack, and replaced the URL with First Data Global Gateways, and used their credentials and it "connected" (I got the green checks in the WP admin). However, it won't process the credit card correctly.

There is documentation on using the SIM, but it doesn't look like I can choose with Authorize.net service to use even though there are files in the plugin for authorize.net SIM. Can you use the SIM integration with this authorize.net plugin, and if so, how can you specify it? If I can use it, then I can get First Data Global Gateway working.

Of course, it would make more sense to just get an quthorize.net account, but our client prefers First Data, and doesn't want to get another gateway account. I'm hoping we can use the SIM method so I can utilize First Data's authorize.net emulator.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday September 4, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I have not seen anyone do this yet. I will ask the developers for their input.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday September 5, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Thanks Chris. I'd love it if there was a workaround for this. Thanks for checking.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday September 5, 2012 | Permalink
  4. John

Seoteric -My client also has First Data, I'm just researching if I can use Gravity Forms with them.
    Were you able to get this working?

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday September 30, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Were you able to get the emulation to work on your site? My client has a different payment processor but they also support emulation for Authorize.net services. I'm wondering if I can just change the Authorize.net URL to the one provided by the payment processor?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday October 15, 2012 | Permalink
  6. John

I didn't get anywhere with this because my client is happy to move away from First Data to a processor that supports Authorize.net. Save me some time/hassle.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday October 15, 2012 | Permalink