PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Auto-Sending Invoice

1. kaynenh

Hi!

Great plugin- I just bought the developer version and I'm really impressed by its features. I'm building a website with a user registration piece and multiple other registrations, and it would be very helpful if the invoice generated during User Registration automatically emailed to the registrant.

So, I took a look through freshbooks.php, and added the following to line 1122:

$invoice_estimate->sendByEmail();

and the email invoice was sent just fine. Is there an issue with me doing this and/or is there a better to do this than hack the current code? I'd rather work withing what's currently built than develop against potential revisions, so any help here is appreciated!

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 20, 2012 | Permalink
  2. There is no issue with you doing this in the interim before we add this as an option to the FreshBooks Add-On itself.

The only thing I would suggest is make note of the change you made in case we release an update to the FreshBooks Add-On prior to including this feature... because updates will overwrite your changes.

But we will be adding this option to the FreshBooks Add-On. We are wrapping up developing on the PayPal Pro Add-On to be released next week, we will then be creating an Add-On for the Stripe payment service and then we will be doing some updates to existing Add-Ons like the FreshBooks Add-On.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday March 24, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.