PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Automated email responce - Paypal issue?

1. samrowe

Hi there,

Ive created a order form, which worked great yesterday, for some odd reason no emails are being sent out to the customer or the admin once the user submits their form?

http://uniprint.co/ordercard

I think it may have something to do with paypal? - Since the automated response works with the other basic forms I have created.

Any ideas? - This is an urgent issue.

Thanks

Sam

Posted 11 years ago on Monday January 14, 2013 | Permalink
  2. There are options on the PayPal feed to:

Send admin notification only when payment is received.
    Send user notification only when payment is received.

Do you have either or both of those checked? If you do, the notification will only go out when the payment status is updated to approved. Can you check these two settings and let us know what you have there, and then let us know what the payment status is of the transactions where you think the notifications should have already gone out.

3. samrowe

I had both these clicked.

Thanks for the rapid response!

Sam

4. When those are clicked, the notifications will be sent, but only after the payment is received. It's OK to use those options, but the transaction will need to be completed, and PayPal will need to notify your website using IPN. If you have trouble in the future, let us know.