PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Aweber Add-On Not Exporting to List

1. Hello,

I just purchased the Aweber Add-On and set it up on the form seen here: http://www.timkainu.com/reflections-photo-contest/

However, I cannot seem to add people to my Aweber list. I got an authorization code, set up a new Aweber feed and mapped the correct fields (yup, I followed the manual for once) But it still doesn't work.

Any idea why this is?

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 28, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The Gravity Forms AWeber Add-On uses email to add the new subscriber to your AWeber mailing list. This is due to limitations that existed in the AWeber API when we created the Add-On.

The good news is AWeber has finally updated their API to support adding new subscribers and we will be updating the AWeber Add-On next month to support the new API capabilities which will make it much more reliably.

Because it currently uses email, if for some reason your server isn't sending the email notifications OR you have code in place that overrides the Send From address and is manipulating that... this can prevent the subscriber from being added to your list.

Are the email notifications working correctly when you create a form? When you configure the Admin Notification and User Notification are you receiving them?

3. Hi Carl,

I had read something about the API limitations and whatnot in a similar reply when searching these forums. That's a real let-down because I purchased a business license just for Aweber :(

Guess I'll just have to wait a month for the update :)

Yes, I do receive email notifications of all the entries just fine. No problem there! Just wished it would export to Aweber.

4. @timkainu If your email notifications are working fine and it is only the AWeber Add-On that is not working, then we can take al ook and see if we can determine the issue.

In order to debug the issue we would need the following information:

- URL of the site
    - WordPress admin login for the site
    - AWeber login

Send this information to me directly at carl@rocketgenius.com and we can take a look and see what is going on.

5. Carl,

Email has been sent with the info requested. Thank you!

6. hazu

Carl, if you have a solution for timkainu problem, I will be interested, because I have the same problem?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 6, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Same problem here, please let me know if you find something :)

- Niels Gouman

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 6, 2012 | Permalink
  8. hazu

Carl, it seems that the aWeber add-on is broken. In aweber a subscriber is added to the list with email address noreply@domainname.com. Subsequent registrations are not listed. Maybe aWeber changed its process?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 12, 2012 | Permalink
  9. I just bought this plugin today (Business version) exclusively for the Aweber functionality and I am having the same exact issue.

Stuck and very much looking forward to a quick resolution as this is a critical feature for me.

Thank you!

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday January 15, 2012 | Permalink
  10. TomZ

Having the same problem here.. using the latest version 1.6.2 with WP 3.3.1

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Hope an admin will at least say yes or no or working on it. Would be nice to see a courtesy reply to all who are stuck. Because like all the others we purchased the business license because of the promise of it working with the aweber addon.

Thanks
    Eric / Tom

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 26, 2012 | Permalink
  11. The original posters issue was resolved with the new AWeber Add-On v1.1 update and I suggest everyone else make sure you have updated to the new AWeber Add-On v1.1. For that reason I am closing this thread.

If you are having an issue with the AWeber Add-On, continue reading...

This post illustrates why users need to create their OWN support forum posts when they have an issue. Please DO NOT REPLY TO AN EXISTING POST.

This post mixes AWeber related issues from different versions of the Add-On that use different API methods with AWeber which mean users here have DIFFERENT issues and they are not related even if they appear to be.

It is much too confusing to try to support individual users when multiple people are posting on the same forum post. We provide support to users on a one on one basis in the forums, not to groups of users on a single post which is difficult to maintain.

If you have an issue with Gravity Forms and require support... create a new post and describe your issue in detail. Do not post as a reply to someone else's post.

The 1.0 and earlier versions of the AWeber Add-On used an email method for adding subscribers. If subscribers weren't being added it will be because your web server isn't sending the email to add the subscriber OR your web server or a theme or plugin is changing the send from address on the email. Those 3 scenarios are the only issues that can occur with the 1.0 and earlier versions of the AWeber Add-On and all 3 of them are server and site specific configurations and not an issue with the plugin itself.

If you are using AWeber Add-On v1.0 OR EARLIER then you need to upgrade to the new AWeber Ad-On v1.1+ and then test again to see if you still have a problem.

The brand new 1.1 version of the plugin uses AWeber's BRAND NEW API. There are not known issues with this new update, however because AWeber's API is BRAND NEW we can't rule out their being issues related to their API.

If you are running The v1.1+ version of the AWeber Add-On and are encountering a problem then please create a NEW forum post of your own specific to that issue so someone on our support team can assist you.

Until we add the AWeber Add-On support forum, which I was not aware had not been added, you can post in the Gravity Forms support forum itself.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 26, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.