PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

AWeber / Paypal integration

1. I'm trying to get AWeber and Paypal to play nicely together through GravityForms and not have someone added to my mailing list until they complete PayPal checkout. However, what is happening is that the second they click the GravityForms button, they get added to the list and the confirmation email goes out to them. The user hasn't even logged into PayPal and they are being asked to confirm.

I double-checked my form settings, and I don't see anything on the Aweber add-on settings that would control this. On the PayPal add-on settings I have checkboxes 1, 3, and 4 checked:
    - Do not prompt buyer to include a shipping address.
    - Send admin notification only when payment is received.
    - Send user notification only when payment is received.

I honestly thought this was working back in June when I first set this all up, but it's not today. I've tried it twice with two different forms and two different emails.

I'm am using the most current version of GravityForms and all of the plug-ins.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 9, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Hi Jen, we're talking about this one today and someone will update the topic for you later. Thanks for hanging in there.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday October 10, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Jen, it does not look like it is possible currently to hold the subscription to Aweber until payment is verified. Oddly, this is the first time we can recall it being requested.

I wonder if you can use two forms: one for your PayPal payment, then in the user notification (which is conditional on payment), you could include a link to the second form, the AWeber form, and allow subscription from there. You could pre-populate whatever you need to in that form, so the user basically just has to click "subscribe" and that submits the subscription form.

I think you could do the same thing in the confirmation text, which would be shown only after successful payment.

While this does not appear to be a built in feature, I think you can make it work. I'd be interested to know if it actually was working like this before without having to do any of this customization.

4. Chris, thanks for getting back to me. I'm going to ask a clarifying question. I thought this functionality already existed, in part because I thought I had tested it that way and in part because of this thread from the beginning of the year: http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/aweber-paypal

In your mind, what is the difference between what they were requesting and what I mentioned above? In my mind their request is the same as what I'm trying to accomplish, and Aweber Add-On 1.1 would have taken care of it.

5. Sounds like what you linked and I wrote 8 months ago should accomplish what you need. Would you please send me a WordPress administrator login to chris@rocketgenius.com so I can see if there is a setting or something I am missing. Thank you.

6. Hi Jen, it looks like we missed that feature for Aweber. It was intended to be done like the other email marketing add-ons. We have added this to our todo list and it will go out in the next Aweber release. I am not sure when that will be, though. Sorry for the misinformation and lack of feature you need.

I wonder how it might have been working for you before?

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday October 13, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Thanks, Chris. I did a MailChimp to AWeber switcheroo in the middle of the launch that I'm using this for, so I'm wondering if my testing may have been on MailChimp instead. (Or, I'm just remembering incorrectly.)

Thanks for taking the time to look at it. I'll keep my eye out for the AWeber update, whenever that may be.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 23, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.