PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Basecamp & Highrise

1. circus

Hi. I am loving using Gravity Forms on all kinds of websites. I think the add-one are great! I know there is already a third-party add-on for Highrise, but wondered whether an official one would be possible, and whether we could have a Basecamp add-on?

Thanks again? Ab

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday September 17, 2011 | Permalink
  2. nkeebaugh

I second this! :-)

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 29, 2011 | Permalink
  3. hope4teens

I third that!!!

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 23, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Agreed. I read on previous posts that a Highrise integration from Gravity Forms was on "the list" but behind others. Is it possible to find our where it is on the list as of early 2012. Thank you.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday February 7, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Since the third-party Highrise add-on is out there and seems to work pretty well, it's not been a priority in-house. There's currently no timeline for Basecamp integration although it's something we're considering. We simply have other projects in the queue that are taking precedence.

We're working on growing the team here as well so as we add a few more folks, we'll be able to dedicate more time to developing more new toys for everyone.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday February 7, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Hi Kevin, just like to add my vote to Highrise integration from an in-house plugin. The problem is that this only works for simple forms where gravity forms is excellent at complex forms, it's one of the reasons I purchased gravity forms at the outset. What's lacking is the option to choose which fields are sent to highrise. I have a simple text field for "name" for example, but I can't send that to highrise with the 3rd party plugin because my form is written in coloquail english (instead of name:___ I say "and my name is ___") which the plugin doesn't like!

Anyway, just adding my vote. It would be great to see a proper highrise plugin built by you guys!

Thanks
    Andy

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 3, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Hello,

The existing third-party Highrise add-on leaves something to be desired. As Andy states, it only seems to work for simple forms and there is no flexibility with the field names. For example, it seems too obvious to me that admin labels should be used and not field labels. The WP plugin also doesn't seem to have the kind of support we need to make it as reliable as Gravity Forms. One reason we pay for premium plugins is the level of support. And, of course, it's always best when the add-ons are developed in conjunction with the primary product so everything always works.

I, too, hope that Rocketgenius considers making a Highrise add-on a priority.

- Peter

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 22, 2012 | Permalink
  8. Gets my vote too.

We bought Gravity Forms to replace lots of forms currently built for business processes with the excellent Contact Form 7 WP plugin, pushing data via email to Highrise and to other team members who need it. Most of this is done by faking forwarded emails from a client to populate a "note" in Highrise. It's a less than ideal workaround, but it works.

The following would make GF extremely valuable to Highrise users:

1. Proper integration as a plugin by the GF team.
    2. Being able to populate forms, first using a search to pick a contact as with the main search in Highrise - this prevents duplicate entries and improves data accuracy.
    3. Pushing multiple fields on a form along with corresponding labels as a single "note" in Highrise.

This makes GF suitable for business processes like ours (and many others) who use Highrise to manage prospect and client communication.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday August 27, 2012 | Permalink
  9. Naomi

Have you guys reached out to the developer of the Highrise Add-on to ask for the additional features or support you've mentioned here? Since it's a free add-on he's provided, have you asked him how to donate so he can find the time to add in your desired feature or provide additional support? If not, then what do you expect?

As a third-party Gravity Forms add-on developer, I work very hard to make sure my Add-Ons play nicely with Gravity Forms just as well as any "official" add-on. I am also very responsive, providing excellent support (and those are the words of my customers), including adding in new features. However, I did find a case of someone posting here on the Gravity Forms support forum asking the Gravity Forms team to make their own version of my Add-On because it didn't work - only for him to find that it did in fact work and he could have received the update had he contacted me. Which he eventually did after the Gravity Forms support team encouraged him to do just that.

IMO, the Gravity Forms team should not be required to create every add-on someone wants (especially since some of them are very niche) - but they should continue developing the best WordPress form management solution, making sure we have a strong Gravity Forms core, and make a strong push to empower third-party developers to extend the platform in ways they can't scale fast enough to do.

Alienating third-party developers, asking the core team to render their work irrelevant, will never get you the add-ons you want developed fast enough. A little appreciation might actually get you more add-ons, quicker.

But, I'm biased, right? ;-)

10. Heh, you might just be biased :)

There appears to be lots of requests and moans about the current, free Highrise plugin, though I didn't see much effort in responding to those issues, so assumed it wasn't a high priority for the developer in question (perhaps incorrectly).

If it got the thing working as it should, I'd be happy to donate more than a few bucks, for sure :)

I assume you're not said developer, right? :/

I'll go reach out and see what happens :)

11. Naomi

Hi Mark, no I'm not the developer, else hopefully this would be fixed already :-)

But I hope he's responsive to you. Wonder if he even knows people are posting about his add-on on these forums instead of the one he has setup on his own site.

12. Wondering if there are any updates on this? The existing Highrise add-on plugin for Gravity Forms isn't working consistently for me, and I need a rock-solid solution. I would like the ability to add/update contacts, add tags to contacts, add notes, and most importantly, add tasks for multiple users.

I would be willing to pay something for this functionality. The developer of the current add-on hasn't responded to any of my support posts, so I'm looking for alternate solutions...

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday March 20, 2013 | Permalink
  13. msweber

Hi there,

I wish also to have perfect integration with Highrise. In our forms we use german language for the field labels, which is not supported by the third party Highrise plugin. As far as I know the plugin also does not cope with complicated forms like check boxes, drop donw menues or upload file fields.

For each submission we want to create automatically a new contact profile in Highrise CRM in order to avoid double work. Also uploaded files in the GF should be added automatically to the contact profile in Highrise.

At the moment the available third party plugin for Highrise integration can't help.

Even though I bouth the developer licence I think moving to Formstack. They seem to offer a perfect integration.

Or does any other know another workarouind for GF and Highrise
    Thanks
    Mathias

Posted 11 years ago on Friday April 19, 2013 | Permalink
  14. update?

15. David Peralty

No updates from our end on this matter. We don't have a highrise add-on in the works currently.