PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Best way to create custom fields?

1. GZA

I'm currently researching all the tools I will need to build my site using Gravity Forms.

As it will be a listing site, it will rely heavily on a variety of custom fields and taxonomies. It will also require users to create profiles and then list their properties as custom post types, with all the relevant fields and tags etc.

I came across this really useful plugin that takes a lot of the pain out of the process of setting up custom post types and creating custom fields and associating them with posts:

http://pippinsplugins.com/easy-content-types/

It's a premium plugin but what I like about it is the way it blends in nicely with the WP core.

My questions are:

- Does anyone here have experience of using this plugin?
    - I assume this will play nicely with Gravity?
    - Are there better alternatives out there?

Btw, it also has an add-on with extra field types, one of which is Google Map. Simply enter your address and it creates a map. There are options to configure it. Haven't tried this yet and it seems too good to be true, but I'm going to be testing it in the next few days.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday February 28, 2012 | Permalink
  2. GZA

Can I get response to my questions, please?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 29, 2012 | Permalink
  3. - Does anyone here have experience of using this plugin?
    Yes, Easy Custom Content Types is a very good plugin and very well supported by Pippin.
    - I assume this will play nicely with Gravity?
    Yes, it'll work GF just like any other CPT generated by other means... Which means you still might need this free 3rd party plugin to get the functionality you want in GF to feed forms into CPTs - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-custom-post-types/
    - Are there better alternatives out there?
    Maybe, but not that I know of...

Posted 12 years ago on Monday March 5, 2012 | Permalink
  4. GZA

@jb510 thank you!

I would prefer to use Pippin's plugin simply because it's not free, hence why it's so well supported.

Ideally, I would prefer not to have to rely on 3rd party plugin in order to open up the possibility of feeding forms into custom post types, as I feel this should be in the GF core.

Anyway, thank you for answering my questions, I now have a clearer path towards my goal.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 6, 2012 | Permalink