PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Break tags show in submissions from paragraph fields

1. In paragraph fields, when a hard return is encountered, the forms submitted include the
    tag for each hard return - see an example contact submission below-
    ' ---------------------------------------[ Sample ]-----------------------------------------
    What is this regarding?: General Enquiry

Your message: Hello, [etc.] I want to be able to get a puppy as quickly as possible so am doing the research well ahead of time.

Do you feel there is anything we should be aware of before purchasing from any specific breeder?

We would appreciate a candid response. Thank you
    ---------------------------------------[ End of Sample ]---------------------------------- '

This Contact form is also sent to the submitter as confirmation of receipt.

We have 4 other large complex forms on our site which are used to import the contents into our database. When importing received emails into our database, the
    tags can be stripped out during the import routines in Delphi. These complex forms don't get sent as confirmation to the sender.

I've spoken to various associates who use Gravity Forms and they're all experiencing the same tag occurrences (
    ) regardless of the OS being used or settings within Gravity Forms.

Is this fixable through one of the Gravity Form settings or is there a workaround?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 16, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Your HTML was stripped out here so it's hard to see what you're trying to fix. Can you use pastebin.com or pastie.org and paste your code there so the forum does not translate your HTML?

Also, please let us know what is happening exactly and what you want to happen instead. I was not sure if you were describing the default behavior or the desired behavior. Thank you

3. Hi Chris ~ Thanks for replying so quickly.

The end user goes to our website and fills in a Contact email. No problem with this.
    Webpage for our contact form: http://danesindistress.com/?page_id=151

The problem is when the Contact form gets forwarded to us via email, and we open the email to view the message sent, we see what is in the link in PasteBin:
    PasteBin link: http://pastebin.com/8fqivFZd

[etc.] was substituted for parts of the original message
    Desired result is how it should appear below when we view it in the email received, with no visible Break tags included in the message:

What is this regarding?: General Enquiry

Your message: Hello, [etc.} When her time comes, I want to be able to get a puppy as quickly as possible so am doing the research well ahead of time.

Do you, or your circles, feel there is anything we should be aware of before purchasing from any other breeder?

4. I submitted the form. Will I get a copy of the notification email as well?

If not, can you view the source of the notification email which was received by your email client, and save that to a text file, then send that to me at chris@rocketgenius.com

Or, export your form as XML and email that to me. I can install it on my server and see how the notifications look.

Finally, if you would like to begin troubleshooting yourself, you can start by checking for theme and plugin conflicts using these instructions http://rkt.gs/testing

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 17, 2013 | Permalink
  5. Have forwarded the Contact submission as requested.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 17, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Sorry about this. We did make a change to the notification method in the functions file.
    Emails to admin are sent in text mode and to the sender in HTML.

With the ONE form we wanted an HTML admin reply, we just turned of admin notifications and sent a BCC of the user response to the admin address.

Gravity forms worked exactly as advertised.

Thanks for all your help

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 18, 2013 | Permalink
  7. Thank you very much for the update.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 25, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.