PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Buddypress Welcome Pack

1. Hi,

I'm testing out the Gravity Forms user registration signup in a Buddypress environment, weighing the pros and cons of using it vs the BP stock registration form.

One major hurdle is figuring out how to fire other plugins on successful registration.

Specifically, I'm trying to hook in the Welcome Pack plugin to automatically invite new users to a few specific groups and to a single friend account.

I understand that I need to integrate the Gravity Form user registration hook...

<?php add_action("gform_user_registered", "custom_user_validation", 10, 4); ?>

with the hook from Welcome Pack referenced here.

<?php add_action( ‘xxxxxx’, ‘dpw_on_user_registration’ ); ?>

My attempt based on the user registration docs, added this to my functions.php:

<?php add_action("gform_user_registered", "dpw_on_user_registration", 10, 4);?>

I'm feeling my way through this - still don't entirely understand WP hooks. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday February 4, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Hi Peter,

It doesn't look like the Welcome Pack plugin is using that hook any more. Give this a shot:

[php]
    add_action( 'gform_user_registered', array( 'DP_Welcome_Pack', 'user_activated' ) );
    Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 6, 2012 | Permalink
  3. That did the trick - thanks a ton!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday February 7, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.