PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Bug? Deleted Field before save = Form not saving now :|

1. So I added a text field to the form ... then I changed the name and then I figured "this should be a hidden field" hit delete.

Then added the hidden field, changed the name hit save form.

Didn't save. Just keeps showing the spinning wheel with the "Saving form. Please wait... " and doesn't do anything. Trying to change anything else doesn't work because it always get's stuck there ...

Any idea why? :|

Posted 14 years ago on Monday March 15, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Err ... help?

3. Have you had problems saving forms before? Can you create a new form and save it okay or is this happening whenever you try to save any form?

4. Never had any problems.

In fact I can create new forms, add fields to it and it saves.

I can also duplicate that specific form with the bug but the same thing happens on the duplicate: can't save.

Do you need me to post anything here (that might speed up this troubleshooting? db field?)

I could recreate everything on that form but it's a complex one ... I would prefer to try and fix it. :|

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday March 16, 2010 | Permalink
  5. What you will need to do is use our Contact Us form and send us a WordPress admin login for that site and include a detailed explanation of what is going on and we will look into it and see what we can find.

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday March 16, 2010 | Permalink
  6. Sorry. I can't do this.

This is a production site already on the client side. I'm just developing an extra form inside the production server.

Is there any other way we can do this? Is there a way to export a full form so you can check it or give me any hints on how to fix this?

Posted 14 years ago on Friday March 26, 2010 | Permalink
  7. This is an issue specific to your site. Other users aren't experiencing this issue which means it's specific to this site or server setup.

The only thing I can say is check to make sure all file permissions on the plugin are at a level where it can execute everything. To be safe try changing the gravityforms plugin folder and ALL files within it (including subfolders) to chmod 755.

The other thing you can do is test for possible theme or plugin conflicts. Activate the Kubrick theme, test Gravity Forms. If the problem still occurs then move on to testing for plugin conflicts. Deactivate every plugin, activate Gravity Forms and test it. If it works, then activate each plugin one by one testing Gravity Forms after each one to see if there is a plugin causing the problem.

Exporting the form data and sending it to us wont' be of any use. It has to be debugged on that site because there is something on that site that is causing the issue.

8. If I create new forms on that site they all work flawlessly with the plugin and I love the plugin. :)

But it was the actual workflow that somehow messed things up with that specific form and just that form. And this means that it can happen again.

Can you somehow test this?

On a form:

1. Add a text field
    2. Change name of text field
    3. Delete that field (without having saved)
    4. Add a hidden field
    5. Change name of hidden field
    6. Hit save <- This should not work

This was the workflow that somehow broke my form :|

9. I tried this, and it saved fine. I used a paragraph text field for step 1.

Also, with AJAX stuff like this, I am pretty obsessive about saving often (since my changes seem to be just local to me), and had to stop myself from saving here after step 2 and step 3. But even following these steps exactly my form was saved just fine. I am using Google Chrome 5.0.307.11 beta on Linux.

Just tried with Firefox 3.0.18 on Linux and was able to save just fine in step 6 here too.

Worked fine in Firefox with a single line of text as well.

10. Ok ... so I'm checking this again (now with firebug) and I'm guessing now that it's a whole different problem (maybe triggered by the add but nothing to do with the delete... sorry :| ).

I can add a field (it shows the Untitled label and the field the ajax call is OK) ... it's only when I try to save that I have the problem ... I'm getting a page not found as response to the save.

Could this be a length issue? Is there a length limit for the forms?

(It's a relatively big form 25+ fields with a few optional fields in the middle).

I'm pasting the firebug code below ... not sure if it helps... :|

http://pastie.org/1000876

Posted 13 years ago on Friday June 11, 2010 | Permalink
  11. Just to add the request headers:

http://pastie.org/1000879

12. Hello Daniel, in order to look into this we would really need access to your site. If you want us to look into it you can send this information to us via our Contact Us form.

13. Ok. I've contacted you guys via contact form.

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday June 13, 2010 | Permalink
  14. Ok ... so it's been two days ... any estimate on when you'll be able to see this? I'm gonna have a meeting tomorrow and I'll have to give some explanation to my client ... :|

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday June 15, 2010 | Permalink
  15. I'll be in touch soon Daniel, we may need additional information/site access from you. We are trying to determine if we can debug the issue without additional access.

16. Ok. Keep me posted please.

17. So ... It's been a week ... we're still waiting ... how long will this take? :(

Are you guys going to give any feedback whatsoever?

Posted 13 years ago on Monday June 28, 2010 | Permalink
  18. Thank you for your lack of support on this particular issue.

This has been resolved.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday July 13, 2010 | Permalink
  19. Daniel, no need to be snide or sarcastic here. Have you checked your spam folder for correspondence from us? It's happened to a couple of other folks before.

http://forum.gravityhelp.com/topic/gravity-forms-stopped-working-can-no-longer-edit-fields#post-6917

20. I'm not being "snide or sarcastic" it's reality.

Last contact I have was this one:

"Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    subject Daniel, thank you for your comments."

This was the automatic reply. Then 3 weeks ago Carl said it would be in touch. I have nothing anywhere (inbox or spam or here).

Meanwhile we figured out the problem and we fixed it yesterday (which btw was an apache security issue affecting ajax calls and pages in WordPress with large amounts of data on various versions that threw a error 500 due to a "critical SQL Injection" that your plugin doesn't catch and hence showed the wheel forever).

Nevertheless I did spend a few hours migrating the site, database, plugins etc to a new account so that you guys could have root access to it and check if it had anything to do with the code.

And I did not receive feedback.

Feel free to resend any e-mail that I might not have received (but bear in mind that if those e-mails do exist ... you should have said something here when I questioned you guys for the lack of response).

For the record: I'm still use and am going to use your plugin because I think it's great and I do have the developer's version with lifetime support. I'm just not happy about the lack of support on this particular issue.

21. I have already responded to this via email sometime ago. I apologize if you didn't receive the email, but I had looked into it and responded.

We are unable to recreate this issue. Both locally and on your site when we tried.

I see the resolution was in fact a server related. That is good to know. Glad it was resolved and I apologize that you did not receive my response, but we had looked into this.