PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Bug: Donation field (Dropdown) - Totals are being doubled

1. TymB

Using WP 3.0.1 with GF beta 1.3 and Paypal addon beta 1.2

When using the DONATION field (Dropdown) the totals (in Total field) are 2x what they should be. For example, if one choice in the dropdown is say $20, and the user selects this choice then the totals field will be $40.

Notes:

1.) The OPTION field (Dropdown) results in totals being calculated correctly, but I don't use it because of the way it displays each choice to the user. For example, if there are 3 choices in the dropdown they will be displayed with a "+/- $xx.xx CAD" beside each:
    $20 - $20.00 CAD
    $40
    $60 + $20.00 CAD

2.) The PRODUCT field (Dropdown) does NOT display the choices as above (which is good), and the totals are calculated correctly. So I'm using this field for now.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday December 8, 2010 | Permalink
  2. @TymB We will look into it, trying to recreate it on our end now. I'll be in touch if we are unable to do so and need to look at your site to see what is going on.

The option field shows the +/- because options impact the price of the product. This is to give the customer a visible indication of how much the option costs. The product field does not do this currently and simply relies on the Total field to display what it would cost. But options impact the total, so this gives the user a visual of what that impact will be and how much + or -.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday December 8, 2010 | Permalink
  3. TymB

Makes sense for Options field. Please keep Product field the way it is though.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday December 9, 2010 | Permalink
  4. @TymB We have corrected the bug with the Donation totals not being calculated properly and it will be fixed in the next beta release (or release candidate) which should be coming out later today or tomorrow.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday December 9, 2010 | Permalink
  5. TymB

Great job!

Posted 13 years ago on Friday December 10, 2010 | Permalink