PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Building A 12-Question Audit with Scoring and Auto-Responders

1. I am trying to build a short 12 question audit. It will be divided into four sections -- with 3 questions in each section.

Each of the 3 questions in each section will have 4 different choices. Each choice will have a different score (scores is 1 or 2 or 3 or 4). The score for the 3 questions in each section will be added together (minimum score would be 3 and the maximum would be a 12).

So that we can score this on a 1-5 scale we are translating that score of 3-12 as follows:

3 or 4 = 1
    5 or 6 = 2
    7 or 8 = 3
    9 or 10 = 4
    11 or 12 = 5

At the end of the audit, the score for each section will be multiplied together to deliver an overall score.

(For example:

Section 1 >> 3 question scores added together = 6 (which turns into a 2)
    Section 2 >> 3 question scores added together = 11 (which turns into a 5)
    Section 3 >> 3 question scores added together = 9 (which turns into a 4)
    Section 4 >> 3 question scores added together = 7 (which turns into a 3)

Overall Score = 2*5*4*3= 120)

Then I would like to serve up a block of text that explains their score

(For example:

You are: "2 sentences that explains the Section 1 (2) score" AND "2 sentences that explains the Section 2 (5) score" AND "2 sentences that explains the Section 3 (4) score" AND "2 sentences that explains the Section 4 (3) score")

Possible?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday November 7, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I'm trying to do the same thing too. How do you do it?

Thanks,
    Aarti

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday November 7, 2012 | Permalink
  3. @Dan, this is possible. Take a look at this example I put online a while back: http://gravity.chrishajer.com/leadership-iq-test/

That grades the questions true/false and then totals the correct answers, and changes the email notification and the confirmation message (I believe) based on the score. You can do something similar. There are other examples in the forums but you would not be able to read them until you have a valid license.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 8, 2012 | Permalink
  4. @Chris Can I do this where there are (4) different possible answers per question (instead of just "yes" or "no")? I want to weight different scores per answer (bad, good, better, best) and then deliver messages based on that score.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 8, 2012 | Permalink
  5. You can. There are no limitations on the code you use to determine what to say in the user notification. So long as you can capture the conditions (the weighted answers) there will be a way to use that information to customize your notification.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday November 9, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Hi Chris - In your example, is there a way to combine with conditional shortcodes? I'm trying to create something identical, where the client wants the scoring to be, if they answer yes to question 3, or 7 or 8... OR... to any 3 other questions... show X (I'll treat this as 'pass')

Otherwise, show Y (I'll treat that as 'fail')

I can easily set the pass level to a percent that will catch the 3. I'm trying to figure out how to have that also catch a yes on any of the other single questions 3, 7 or 8.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday January 5, 2013 | Permalink
  7. You can use the conditional shortcodes for simple conditions, but not nested or linked, so I don't believe you will be able to use them for your application. You can always use the gform_pre_submission_filter to modify the confirmation page or the notification email based on the choices that were made.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday January 6, 2013 | Permalink