PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can GF User Registration Add-on allow users to add, edit, delete own form data?

1. Hi all,

I'm pretty sure this has been asked and answered, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some sort of obvious solution.

I have created an online calculator for the construction industry. It's just a form with 8 fields and some Javascript and JQuery running in the background to do the calculations and update the results in real time. The results aren't anything exotic, just plain ol' alphanumeric characters.

I want to modify my calculator form so people can save multiple calculations to their own user profile on the site. Later, those same users should be able to log into the front -end of the site and see a list of their saved calculations. Each calculation could then be modified or deleted. This is all exactly the same as what people already do in WP when they create, save, edit, and delete their own posts.

I saw Kevin Miller's "Gravity Forms - Update Post" plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-update-post/) for allowing registered users to use Gravity Forms to edit post content which led me to think that maybe there's a way to MacGyver my form data to be saved as a post that users can then edit or delete later?

Of course, each user would have to be restricted to viewing only their own calculation data.

To achieve this goal with WP and GF would really make my day. If I could also integrate some sort of user subscription as well, I'd be over the moon!

Otherwise, I'm going to have to brush up on my app coding skills and make some sort of web application using a PHP or Ruby framework. <shudder> LOL.

Any and all advice, guidance, and / or criticism would be greatly appreciated. :)

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday June 17, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Update: I found an alternative way to achieve my form requirements listed above, but it doesn't involve Gravity Forms. I won't go into the details here, but if anyone else has a similar problem, you are welcome to contact me via my website listed in my member profile.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday June 18, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.