PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can Gravity Forms email through only the selected fields?

1. Hi Guys,

Just looking into Gravity forms having been recommended by a friend, all looks good however I have one rather vital question I would appreciate answered.

I need to create several order forms, these will have lots and lots of options on them with users being able to select their order preference, now what I would like is for only the options they select to be emailed through the the recipent/company admin.. not all the other options which will either be blank or have 'no' in them. A form with 100+ order options could get rather messy as you can imagine.

I would really appreciate it, if you could advise if this is possible and if so how etc.

Many thanks

Aaron

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 6, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Unfortunately, our {all_fields} merge tag for notifications includes any field with a value. So if the default value is NO, then this will be sent out, unless you manually build the notification message, which with all the conditions you may need to use to filter out un-needed information, might look a bit unwieldy...

3. Thanks for the reply... Do you have to have a default field? Could I leave all text-fields blank and then only those with content are sent through?

4. David Peralty

Yes, by default, I'm fairly certain blank fields are not sent in notifications.