PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can I have my list entries download in separate cells?

1. Currently, I have a form field set up as a list with 4 columns. The submitter will enter their premium dollars sold in four different categories. You can look at it here: http://www.iamsinc.com/blog/academyregistration

When I export that data for this form, is it possible to have these download into separate cells? Currently, the cell is named "How much premium have you written in the last twelve months? (Enter "0" if none)" and the entries are in a single cell separated by a "l".

If there isn't a way to do this, what is the best way to accomplish the capture of this info but have it export into separate cells? Thanks for your help!

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday July 10, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

You could use 4 input fields with our CSS Ready class to make them sit side by side as they are currently but I'm unsure if you can easily get four wide with this. List fields are for adding more input fields to a form.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/CSS_Ready_Classes

You could also make the | one of the other ways of separating fields when you do your import.

3. I considered adding them as 4 input fields, but ran in to the same question as you.
    Can I make them 4 across? I don't see anything listed like that on the "ready classes" sheet? Do you know of a way to do this?

Also, I would need to have the field label "How much premium have you written in the last twelve months? (Enter "0" if none)" be above the four input boxes, but without an input box of its own.

4. David Peralty

Hmm, then the easiest way for you would probably to make the "|" a separator as well as the comma on import into your spreadsheet software or database.

5. Thank you for your help. I ended up using a bit of a workaround method. I used the html field to label the area and then used 4 number fields for the other info I needed. I would still prefer to have 4 in a line rather than 3 and 1 on the next line, but this will do. Thanks again!

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.