PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can I use Gravity Forms to create posts to my website?

1. jGalt

I have created a simple form for a customer's site so they can create a schedule for a sports league. I am trying to figure out how to get the data from the Gravity form to their schedule page.

What is the best way to do this? Should I simply send the form submissons to the webiste as an email that creates a new post to my schedule page?

After the games the customer needs to post the scores. This part seems a little trickier. Is there anyway that I can append the scores to the first form or should I have the customer re-enter all of the information again and post it to separate "Scores" page?

These are the fields in my form.

Date:
    Time:
    Field Number:
    Team 1:
    Team 2:
    Score Team 1:
    Score Team 2:

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 1, 2011 | Permalink
  2. You can create a form that creates a WordPress Post when the form is submitted. When creating or editing a form you can use the fields in the Post Fields toolbox of the form editor.

If you use these fields, Gravity Forms will automatically use them to create a post when the form is submitted. There are a variety of post related fields under the Post Fields toolbox. You need to add the ones you need to your form and use those for creating a post automatically when the form is submitted.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 2, 2011 | Permalink
  3. jGalt

I got it working. Thanks.

Can I use a drop down to post information?

Another newbie question, can I have the post automatically show up on the page without requiring approval?

4. The Post Custom Field's settings allows for many types of inputs. You should see a drop down that is labeled Field Type. See: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/File:Post-body-properties.png

On the Post Body Field's settings you should see a drop down that will allow for posts to be published, the default is set to draft. See: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/File:Post-custom-field-properties.png

5. jGalt

Perfect! Thank you Rob.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.