PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can you replace the Wordpress Login with a Gravity Form?

1. taylorishere

Can I create a user login form that will be embedded on a styled page that can replace my standard wordpress user login?

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday March 23, 2011 | Permalink
  2. nkarni

Wordpress has done that for you: have a look at the core function wp_login_form( $args );

3. challenger74

I need this, too! I'm new to all this.. Can you explain a little more how I can replace the standard login page with a gravity form.

4. Actually I believe it can be done, but it's actually a developer addon -> see addons.

5. challenger74

I have the User Registration add-on and it works perfectly. I would just like to know how to use that form for the login page instead of the default/normal login page.

6. Gravity Forms can't currently replace the login form out of the box. We do plan on enhancing the User Registration Add-On in the future to enable functionality such as this.

7. Andrew Munro

Was just about to open up a new thread about this before it suggested this post :) I would also like to have the ability to use a Gravity form on a page to bypass the wp-admin page.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday April 19, 2011 | Permalink
  8. Ditto. Came to this thread as I was getting ready to ask for the same. Would love to be able to put the GF registration on the same page that my reader needs it. I'm using user to manage who downloads. test.sharinghousing.com/worksheets

Posted 12 years ago on Monday May 9, 2011 | Permalink
  9. This is a feature we plan on adding in the next feature release of the User Registration Add-On. It's a little more complex than just telling WordPress to use Gravity Forms because Gravity Forms only exists when you embed them on a page or post so Gravity Forms has to tell WordPress which page or post needs to be used, which means you need to tell Gravity Forms which page or post to use. We will be adding this option in the next feature release and will allow you to pick what page WordPress should use.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday May 9, 2011 | Permalink
  10. Just because I'm a nerd, I'm voting for this too :) (And I know you're planning to implement it, but.... you know. ::nudge nudge::)

XD

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday June 21, 2011 | Permalink
  11. Adding my support to this request

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday October 20, 2011 | Permalink
  12. This support is present in the current release of the user registration add-on. On the User Registration add-on settings page, there is a check box to "Enable Custom Registration Page", then you will see a drop down to select which WordPress page your Gravity Form is embedded in. That will replace the default WordPress registration function.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday October 20, 2011 | Permalink
  13. sorry for the dummy proof question.... So I have to:
    1) create a registration form first
    - with whatever fields I need?
    2) put it in a page
    3) enable custom registration and point it to that page
    4) done

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday October 23, 2011 | Permalink
  14. espimedia: yes, exactly. Your explanation is very good.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday October 24, 2011 | Permalink
  15. Ok, good. Now how would I make it so this form doesn't show if a user is already log in and instead a login form?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday October 25, 2011 | Permalink
  16. Do you mean, if the user is logged in, the link to the page where the form exists should be hidden in the page list or navigation?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday October 25, 2011 | Permalink
  17. To clarify...

any user should see a form to login/register (would this be two forms?)

Once login however users should not see the either form or links

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday October 26, 2011 | Permalink
  18. Hmm have also just worked out that the user registration add on does not actually allow one to add fields to the user registration screen. (funny that). Would be good if the features/documentation were clearer on this.

This should not be too hard to achieve:
    If one can have a form appear in a shortcode, then certainly one could have that same form added to the register screen.
    There is an action : 'register_form' to which one would hook the form.
    Then one could hook the validation into the filter 'registration_errors'.

Now to be clear if one goes with how gravity does it, then I gather one has to use a separate page. Then the question is how does one prevent people using normal registration link ? eg off the login screen ? Is it as simple as disabling wordpress registration in the settings, and allowing the gravity form to totally control registration ?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 21, 2011 | Permalink
  19. @anmari The User Registration Add-On has an option to override the register link in WordPress so it redirects to the page containing your custom registration form created with Gravity Forms.

It's a setting found in the main Settings page for the User Registration Add-On. You get to it by going to Settings under Forms, and then choose User Registration.

See this screenshot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/185347/Slingshot/Pictures/Screen%20Shot%202011-11-21%20at%202.46.00%20PM.png

When you enable it you then select the page you have embedded your Gravity Form on and then when the user tries to register on your site via the Register link in WordPress they get redirected here to do so.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 21, 2011 | Permalink
  20. Thank You for your patient reply!

Just goes to show we all need someone to point out the obvious sometime. Would you believe I did click all over looking for something, but tired and in a hurry and missed that extra tab.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 22, 2011 | Permalink
  21. Glad you were able to find that. Thanks for the update.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 22, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.