PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Cannot Activate Plugin

1. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/opera23/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/gravityforms.php on line 40

I am on version 5 of PHP and this happened out of the blue after 2 months of working succesfully. I didnt upgrade wp or touch anything.

Please Help

Posted 14 years ago on Monday November 23, 2009 | Permalink
  2. Which version of Gravity Forms are you using?
    This error is typical of a PHP 4 install, so please double check that.

3. If Gravity Forms is in use on this website (zestycook.com), it's using PHP 4.4.9:

X-Powered-By: PHP/4.4.9

If PHP5 is available on that host, you can usually force .php files to be processed by PHP5 by adding this to your .htaccess.

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
    AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

(I've used just the first line too, but I think it's best to add both)

You host may have other ways of enabling PHP5 as well.

4. No it is for another site other than zestycook.com. I enabled to php5 through lunar pages control panel and still no luck. this is currently what the htaccess file has in it

# AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php5 .php4 .php .php3 .php2 .phtml
    AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php5 .php4 .php .php3 .php2 .phtml

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

5. If you could send me an email to alex[at]rocketgenius.com with a temporary user to your WP admin, I would be happy to take a look at it and see if I can find anything.