PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Cannot Edit Multiple Choice // Forms disappeared

1. n8woods

I just updated to 1.5, I was running 1.5 RC4 on my site, I cannot edit any of the multiple fields, even if I delete them and add a new one, I cannot edit the new one. I had conditional logic in one of the multiple fields. As a consequence the form that was working fine before the upgrade has disappeared on the site. I duplicated the form and deleted the conditional logic multiple choice fields and the form works fine. Please... any advice....

Posted 13 years ago on Friday March 25, 2011 | Permalink
  2. n8woods

Let me add to that the only fields I cannot edit are: drop downs, check boxes and multiple choice, all the other ones I can click on edit and the editing options appear. In other fields such as the advanced field "name" when I go to edit it, the Name Format is greyed and I cannot select it.

3. n8woods

One other problem, forms.css is now not being loaded.

4. Sounds like either your plugin files are messed up, or something is causing a conflict.

If you send us a WordPress admin login for this site via our Contact Us form we can take a look and see what is going on.

5. n8woods

Carl, thanks for the reply I sent the admin login via the contact form last night, let me know if you need me to resend it.

6. Is there an update on this?
    Having similar problem. Any multiple choice with conditional logic "other" field disappears from the form.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday April 27, 2011 | Permalink
  7. @beyoyo2 You have already posted on another forum thread, please limit your questions regarding an issue to one forum thread to avoid support team members doing duplicate work. I will respond on the other thread.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday April 27, 2011 | Permalink
  8. monsterdevelopment

Hello...

We are experiencing the same troubles on a website that won't let us edit: drop downs, check boxes and multiple choice.

We can add them to a form, but when you hit the "update form" button at the bottom of the page, it just hangs. Nothing ever saves or updates....

Any tips on how to cure this or if it's a known plugin conflict, etc.

Thank you so much.... LOVE Gravity forms BTW.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday April 28, 2011 | Permalink
  9. @monsterdeveloper This is a mod_security issue. Your servers mod_security (or possibly another firewall) is blocking the AJAX request to save the form. Here is a forum post that discusses a fix for this:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/forms-not-updating-after-being-saved#post-10305

You may need to contact your web host and explain whats going on. Explain that the AJAX request is being blocked because mod_security thinks it's a malicious attack when it is not and let them know what the forum post I linked to above says regarding the configuration change to correct this.

10. monsterdevelopment

Thanks Carl...

I will tweak the server and let you know if this does the trick!

11. Anonymous
    Unregistered

I'm having the same issue that n8woods described (cannot edit multiple choice, dropdown, or checkboxes). Running GF 1.5.2.8 and WP 3.2.1. Were you able to resolve this issue?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday July 26, 2011 | Permalink
  12. @eliasjosh If your issue is exactly what @monsterdevelopr described above, then it's a mod_security issue as I described above. If you can't save a form containing a multiple choice, radio button, or drop down field and the issue only occurs with those field types, it's because mod_security is blocking the AJAX request to save the form.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday July 26, 2011 | Permalink