PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Cannot see "Gravity Forms" in admin bar

1. I feel like I'm asking a stupid question here, but I don't see any mention of gravity forms in my toolbar.

Am I doing something wrong? Here's a screenshot of what I see:

http://screencast.com/t/T4ijrRje9rv

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday July 6, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Hi Chris,

'Forms' should appear between Media and Pages, an add new form option should also be added to the + New drop down on the admin bar. So there are two possibilities that spring to mind either the installation/activation didn't go well or there is a conflict, if you delete the Gravity Forms plugin folder and then reinstall does the same thing happen. If installing again doesn't work then you should test for a plugin/theme conflict.

3. Hi Richard - thanks for the guidance.

I've removed the Gravity Form Toolbar plugin completely, switched to the Twenty Ten theme and deactivated all other plugins. I reinstalled the Gravity FT and activated it, without activating any other plugins.

Still nothing appears between Media and Pages in either the left nav or under the "+" sign in the admin bar.

Just to be sure - is there any other plugin that needs to be installed before the Gravity FT plugin? Is that the only plugin that's needed? Is there anything else that needs to be done beforehand?

Thanks for your help,
    Chris

4. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Hi Chris,

I didn't realise you were referring to the Gravity Forms Toolbar plugin, I am afraid it is not developed by Rocketgenius (Gravity Forms) rather it is developed by a third party. It looks like it hasn't been updated since last year and during that time both WordPress and Gravity Forms have had numerous updates, you will have to contact it's developer for support via it's page on the WordPress plugin repository (link above).

Regards,
    Richard

5. Ah - I was wondering about that - there were so many "gravity" plugins available... which one am I supposed to be using?

Chris

Posted 10 years ago on Sunday July 7, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Never mind. I suspected correctly - I AM an idiot.

7. Richard Vav
    Administrator

I am glad you figured it out.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.