PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can't Activate Plugin - Getting a Parse Error Message

1. I am using the Genesis Theme with the Lifestyle plugin and trying to activate the Gravity Forms plugin, but keep getting the following message:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/t/b/l/tblcllc/html/shannvanderleek/home/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/gravityforms.php on line 59"

It let me install it, but I can't activate it. I have a developer's license and have installed this many times using this parent/child theme, never running into any problems. I would totally appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction to fix the issue.

Thanks,
    Kim

Posted 13 years ago on Friday March 11, 2011 | Permalink
  2. This is a PHP version error and is covered as one of the first questions in the FAQ here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/frequently-asked-questions/#faq_installation

Gravity Forms requires PHP5+ and judging from this error you are probably trying to activate the plugin on a site running PHP4. Check with your web host and make sure you have PHP5 enabled.

3. Thanks so much!

Kim