PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can't create forms with multisite

1. Aaron Forgue

We're running a network of 3 multisites. On 2/3, Gravity Forms is working as it should. On the most recently created site, I cannot create a form, instead I get the following error:
    "There was an error while saving your form. Please contact our support team."

Alternatively I've attempted to import a form, which returns "Gravity Forms imported 1 form successfully". The form does not actually get created however.

I've tried disabling all plugins and the outcome is the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Monday November 26, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

I guess the question I have is: what is special about that specific site/install? Different plugins? Theme? Can I please have you try the following steps to see if there is a plugin/theme conflict that we can isolate?

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

If it is neither theme or plugin, I'm not sure what would be causing one site to fail where others work except for database or memory issues.

3. Aaron Forgue

As far as I can tell, all of the settings are identical. I followed the steps to rule out plugins/the theme, and sadly I'm still unable to create forms.

4. Aaron Forgue

It looks like the issue is that the GF tables have not been created for this particular site in our multi-site setup. Ultimate, this query is failing:

INSERT INTO wp_11_rg_form(title, date_created) VALUES('Untitled Form', utc_timestamp())

Because 'wp_11_rg_form' does not exist. Is there a way to manually trigger the GF activation process for this particular site?

5. I'm having the same issue when trying to save.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 29, 2012 | Permalink
  6. @stugfillen, what can you tell us about your installation?

Have you checked for theme and plugin conflicts already?

How much memory is available to WordPress and PHP.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday December 1, 2012 | Permalink
  7. I have the same issue.

Another site on the same hosting with the same configuration works fine.

I'm puzzled

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 11, 2013 | Permalink
  8. @kleo99, have you already checked for theme and plugin conflicts using these instructions? http://rkt.gs/testing

Also, with multisite, I've seem them run out of RAM fairly quickly. Can you see how much RAM is available to PHP and your WordPress installation?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 11, 2013 | Permalink
  9. @Chris, yes i changed the theme, deactivated all plugins and still nothing.

After that I installed the form on another blog on the same server, same configuration and works fine.

I don't know how to check the memory, but I guess it shouldn't be the case as other blogs work fine.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday January 12, 2013 | Permalink
  10. Ok, I spoke to host gator, they compared the PHP RAM, and all the sites look exactly the same in this regard.

11. @kleo99, how much RAM is available?

Also, was this site OK before but suddenly became unable to create forms? Or is this a new installation. If it's a new installation, can you afford to completely delete Gravity Forms, including all the forms and entries, including the database tables, and then install again? Or, check to see if all the required Gravity Forms tables (wp_rg_*) are present in the database?

Are you using a different language setting or collation in your wp-config.php?