PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can't create new Form

1. I am trying to create a new form after not using GF for several months. My other ten forms work fine but I have not tried to edit them as I don't want to break them until I can figure out what is wrong.

I have tried in Chrome (usual browser), IE and Firefox and have the same problem. I am on Wordpress 3.0.1 and Gravity forms 1.6.2

I can click on New Form and name the form. When I click on Save, I just get a spinning symbol that never stops and never saves. I navigate away from that page and go back into create New Form. If I click on any field button, nothing happens.

Thanks for any assistance.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 4, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I have also tried to edit an existing form that is not live on my website and I have the same problem. I am not able to add new fields and clicking the save button just causes the black spinning circle and never completing.

I have been updating GF as each update has come out but I have not updated WP from 3.0.1 since someone else built the site and asked that I not doing any updates. I am now wondering if there is a conflict between my GF and WP versions.

3. The Gravity Forms requirements call for a minimum WordPress version of 3.2 (in the footer of this page.) Anything less than that can have conflicts. We always recommend running the latest Gravity Forms and WordPress versions.

You can also test for theme and plugin conflicts http://rkt.gs/testing

4. Thanks for the information, now I will see if I can get my web designer to update from WP 3.0.1.

5. It's worth a shot. It's good if you can test first in a development environment, rather than on the live site.