PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can't edit form fields

1. I just installed Gravity Forms on the site http://www.twellmansoccerne.com. I can add form fields to a new form, but I can't edit the label or anything. Clicking on the edit link does nothing - the box doesn't expand to show the editing functions.

I have used this plugin successfully on other sites before, and I'm stumped as to why it won't work now.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday February 24, 2011 | Permalink
  2. It's most likely a plugin or theme conflict. Another plugin or your theme is probably outputting javascript on all pages which is causing the issue.

You will need to determine which it is by testing for conflicts.

To check for a theme conflict:

- Activate the default Twenty Ten theme
    - Test to see if Gravity Forms works as expected

If it does, then the issue is your theme is outputting Javascript where it should not be doing so and this is causing a conflict. If it does not work then it is most likely a plugin conflict.

To check for a plugin conflict:

- Deactivate ALL plugins
    - Activate Gravity Forms
    - Test to see if Gravity Forms works as expected

If it does then you have another plugin that is causing the issue.

- Activate each plugin one by one
    - Test to see if Gravity Forms works as expected after each one

When you activate a plugin that causes Gravity Forms to quit working properly, that plugin is outputting Javascript where it should not be doing so.

This is common with plugins (and sometimes themes) that are not developed properly and output Javascript on all pages rather than selectively outputting code only when it is necessary.

3. Thanks! It was a plugin conflict and is resolved now.

4. Which plugin was it?

5. Hi, same problem here. I'm able to edit some of the fields, but i can't i expand the field options using the "edit" link in others like "Dropdown Menu", "Check Boxes", "Multiple Choice", and some of the "Pricing Fields".

I'm using a clean installation of WordPress with no plugins and the default Twenty Ten Theme.

Any idea what could be the problem?
    Thanks for your help ;)

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 17, 2011 | Permalink
  6. What version of WordPress are you using? What version of Gravity Forms? Also, were either recently upgraded? Have you tried a different browser?

If you are using a stock installation of WordPress with no plugins and a default theme, this would be a very odd error if you have the latest WordPress (3.2.1) and Gravity Forms (1.5.2.8).

7. I'm using the last version WordPress 3.2.1. and the last version of Gravity Forms (1.5.2.8). I just created a new installation of WordPress with nothing but Gravity Forms, and the problem continues. I tested on Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

It's a very odd error.... what else could it be?
    tranks for your help again

8. Problem solved...! Thanks Carl for finding the error. I have installed the plugin via ftp in a folder called "Gravity Forms" and not "gravityforms". The folder is case sensitive. I uploaded the plugin zip file, using the "Add New Plugins page" in WordPress and installing it that way.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.