PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can't edit my form fields

1. It seems to me that once I've got entries I can't edit the form fields - they are grayed out and don't react to when I click edit. Can this be the case? If so how can I fix this? I need to edit my form.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 7, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I'm getting this problem too. Started after the last GF update.

In my forms, I can edit the very first form element (the title/description area). But with anything below that, nothing happens when I click the 'edit' button.

3. Here's a plus 1 for this problem.

4. Could anyone provide a screenshot of what you're referring to?

If you're referring to "Field Type" selects on some fields, then yes, once you have data (aka an entry) for this field, it will not be changeable. If it were, the data previously submitted for this entry may not be compatible with the newly selected field type.

5. When I'm on the basic "Edit form" page, and I see all of my blocks of form fields, I would edit the form field blocks by clicking the little "Edit" link on each one. Upon clicking the "Edit" link, normally the block will expand and I could edit the form field.

After updating to 1.6.1, nothing happens when clicking on the "Edit" link. The first block (title and description) works just fine. Any block under that, the "Edit" link has no effect.

I tested this with new forms, new fields added to existing forms, etc. Same result. I have two sites in which this is occurring.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 9, 2011 | Permalink
  6. I wanted to add that I have installed only one plugin about the same time I did the 1.6.1 upgrade. I removed that plugin, but that made no difference.

7. I am unable to replicate this. Form creation and editing in Gravity Forms v1.6.1 is working fine in my tests and we aren't having widespread reports of users not being able to edit fields. The only users reporting this are the ones above. This means it's very possible it's an issue with the version of WordPress you are running or a theme or plugin conflict.

Please also note this could be a browser cache issue. If you updated to 1.6.1 and then ran into an issue, it's possible your browser is still loading scripts from cache so it hasn't loaded everything that is necessary. Be sure to completely clear your browser cache, restart your browser and then try editing your forms.

In order to determine what is going on we'd have to look at one of the sites experiencing this issue firsthand.

@arizonius Send me a WordPress admin login for your site and the URL of the site to carl@rocketgenius.com and I can take a look and see what is going on. Be sure to include a link to this forum post so I know what it is in reference to.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, do the same. Send me the URL and a WordPress admin login to carl@rocketgenius.com and i'll take a look and see what is going on.

8. Hi Carl,

Thanks for the response. Problem fixed.

I was off by a version in reporting my problem. The issue happened when I upgraded to 1.6 (NOT 1.6.1 as I said). A few minutes ago I applied the 1.6.1 upgrade and PROBLEM FIXED!

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the trouble.

9. I can't edit either.

This is what my edit page looks like: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mommyknows/6329966739/

Also I can't create new forms, I duplicate forms ...

Frustrating.

I have one other plugin installed 'Really Simple CAPTCHA'

Any ideas?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday November 10, 2011 | Permalink
  10. Oh ... I upgraded to 1.6.1 and the problem is NOT fixed.

Thank you,

Kim

11. @mommyknows Your issue isn't due to a problem with Gravity Forms. You have other problems with your site that are causing Gravity Forms not to work properly. You actually have multiple problems.

The first issue I see is PHP Memory related. Your site is running out of available PHP memory. I saw this immediately on your main dashboard page. See this screenshot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/185347/Slingshot/Pictures/Screen%20Shot%202011-11-09%20at%2010.16.24%20PM.png

As far as Gravity Forms not working properly this is due to the necessary Javascript files not loading due to your server returning 404 errors for just about every script imaginable. See this screenshot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/185347/Slingshot/Pictures/Screen%20Shot%202011-11-09%20at%2010.16.55%20PM.png

These aren't Gravity Forms scripts, these are built in WordPress scripts that Gravity Forms uses and are included in WordPress itself. The biggest example is jQuery which just about every theme and plugin uses and WordPress ships with... it simply isn't there.

Here is where jQuery should be:

http://easrs.ca/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.6.1

Browse to that page and you'll see you get a 404 error. Even on that 404 error page there are 404 errors related to built in scripts and styles that should load... but your server is returning 404 errors for. See this screenshot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/185347/Slingshot/Pictures/Screen%20Shot%202011-11-09%20at%2010.22.08%20PM.png

So i'm not sure what is going on with your site, but something is wrong. Either your WordPress install is bad, it's missing files or it could be file permission related... but it appears core WordPress files simply aren't there.

12. Solved by upgrade. Thanks

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.