PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Can't save or edit form after adding new field

1. Hi

I have just tried to add an additional form field (paragraph text) to a duplicated form.

Since adding, I cannot Save or cannot edit any of the other fields.

I have to refresh the page to do anything, but this obviously does not save the new fields.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 12, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Is this only isolated to this form? Can you create/edit other forms ok? Do you get any sort of error messages?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 12, 2013 | Permalink
  3. I am having a similar problem. Just loaded Gforms for wordpress and add on for SFDC. Once I create a form and would like to edit the form, add fields etc I am unable to click the "edit form" and have the form builder re-appear. Form settings are also unable to be displayed. They are only available for create a new form.

Update: I tried reverting to a different theme and deactivating all plugins. still no luck. This problem occurs in the editor not in the actual published form. I am using a theme called metro-style from OlevMedia V1.2.7 But I dont think that is the problem here.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday February 13, 2013 | Permalink
  4. This occurs on existing, new and duplicated forms. I have also turned off all plugins to test.

Saving an existing form works fine when editing existing fields, but as soon as a new field is added, the Save button no longer works or loads anything.

Any ideas?

5. Even if I duplicate an existing thing, it does the same thing. Not able to edit or save fields or forms.

6. Erikhos

I have a similar problem. When I edit an existing form and add / duplicate a field and hit the save button, the page redirects to the homepage of the site. Duplicating the entire form and editing it results in the same redirect. However if I create a new form, edit it and hit save, it saves perfectly.

7. Any update on this issue?

8. Apsu, email me a WP Admin login AND FTP Access and we'll take a look.

rob@rocketgenius.com

9. Apsu - you should be good to go. I turned on "no-conflict mode" on the gravity forms settings page and that seems to have fixed it. Previously the form page was throwing a couple of JS errors on save. If you'd like to track down the culprit(s) of that you are welcome to turn off no-conflict mode and run through a theme/plugin conflict test:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday February 14, 2013 | Permalink
  10. Rob - I am having issues with my forms. I have turned on "no conflict" mode and I am unable to edit existing forms. I just updated the plugin for SFDC api also. The forms once created will not revert back to edit mode.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday February 16, 2013 | Permalink
  11. I just discovered it is the SFDC API add on by Katz that is causing the problem.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday February 16, 2013 | Permalink
  12. Thank you for the update.

Plugin URL: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-salesforce/

Posted 11 years ago on Monday February 18, 2013 | Permalink
  13. Hi there,
    I am having a similar problem. When I create a new form it will not allow me to add a new field. If I click 'name' for example it won't add it to the form. I have tried deactivating all the plugins to see if that would work but nothing. I also just turned on 'No Conflict mode' and that still has not corrected the problem. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance for your time!
    Brooke

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday April 17, 2013 | Permalink
  14. David Peralty

bsemple - Are you using the latest versions of Gravity Forms and WordPress? Also, can you please test for a theme conflict? http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

15. Hi David,
    I am using the latest Gravity Forms and the latest Wordpress. I also tested the theme and no conflict that I can pinpoint. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Brooke

16. David Peralty

If you are running the latest WordPress and Gravity Forms versions, and Gravity Forms isn't working with theme and plugins disabled/defaulted, then we don't have many other steps to try. Can you attempt to re-install Gravity Forms using FTP please? And can you try changing your Permalinks to Default and then back to whatever you have it set to? Between those changes, if things still don't work, then I am not entirely sure where your issue is coming from. What hosting environment are you using?