PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Categorizing forms

1. Is there any way to add a category or tag to a form? I'm creating a bunch of forms that relate to each other and another bunch of forms that relate to each other. I'd like to easily be able to select forms related to each other.

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 5, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

There currently isn't any way to interrelate forms like you've asked. Though an interesting idea. Can you give more information on what you intend to do? Maybe there is another solution I can think of, or I can always pass it as a feature request to our development team.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday December 6, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I have added some things to the plugin so that the form acts like a quiz. I'm planning on listing links to multiple quizzes on a page. We can call these "fun" quizzes. However, throughout the website there will be other gravityforms that shouldn't be listed on this "fun" quiz page. We may also get more quizzes and eventually need to categorize them.

4. David Peralty

So as a way to categorize forms so you can build a list of forms available to submit details to?

5. Yes.. basically something similar to a blog page showing only posts of a certain category.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday December 7, 2012 | Permalink
  6. David Peralty

Okay, so I do understand correctly. Gravity Forms doesn't even have a way to list available forms in the front end yet, so even without categorization there is no "post loop" like in WordPress that pulls links to all the embedded forms because forms are embedded within pages and/or posts and are not independent of that.

I will move this to feature requests though so that our developers will notice it and keep an eye on it.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday December 7, 2012 | Permalink
  7. ok, thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday December 8, 2012 | Permalink