PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Category Option by User comment

1. I'm trying to create a review site that allows users to upload new businesses and review them, themselves, then get other user posted businesses. Each business falls into 2 parent categories, then subcategories. For some users, a user may fall into subcategory A, and for others subcategory B.

I've created a form that will allow users to upload a new business and pick between two parent categories. When they have completed the form, they are directed to then review the business (in the user comment section), I want them to be allowed to enter in the subcategory that coincides with their relationship to the business. Another user may come along and want to review that same business but have another subcategory to attach to the business (these categories will already exist)

Can this be done in a gravity form or is it a Wordpress customization? The users will not be able to enter in a new category, just choose from existing ones.

Can you help with this?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 7, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Gravity Forms does not have anything to do with WordPress comments so if this is something you are trying to do when a user submits a review (using comments) then this is a WordPress customization and not a Gravity Forms customization.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 15, 2011 | Permalink