PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Change text size in field

1. sondzin

I have created a form with standard fields. When I type into the field, the text that appears is very small. How can I change the size of that text, the text that someone types into the field?

Please look at this image:
    http://www.sondzin.com/gravity-form1.jpg

Thanks,
    David

Posted 11 years ago on Friday June 15, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Do you have a link to your form? Most likely your theme's CSS is making the text small and would have to be overridden, and I would have to see your site's code to be able to accomplish this.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday June 16, 2012 | Permalink
  3. sondzin

http://www.mercedshirts.com
    The Contact page.

4. David, try dropping this CSS snippet into your theme's stylesheet (you can change the font-size to be whatever you'd like):

[css]
    .gform_wrapper input[type="text"], .gform_wrapper input[type="url"], .gform_wrapper input[type="email"], .gform_wrapper input[type="tel"], .gform_wrapper input[type="number"], .gform_wrapper input[type="password"], .gform_wrapper textarea {
    font-size: 14px !important;
    }
  5. I am having the same problem. The default text size is way to small and it's the same on sites I have with both Thesis and Headway where I have changes the theme's default body text to 14 and 16. Right now I'm concerned about the headway sites I have. With headway it's not as simple as copying the code above and pasting it into the stylesheet (there's nothing in that stylesheet).

How do I change the text size using the headway theme (I have the latest version 3.2.3). Keep in mind that I'm not a programmer or advanced in coding, I'm simply an internet marketer that knows a little (very little) about manipulating some code.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday July 13, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Can you provide a link to your form for us?

7. There are 4 of them on this site, but here is the main contact form:
    http://www.pamperrypr.com/contact/

8. David Peralty

The code that Rob placed earlier should work, you just have to find where to place custom CSS in your theme. I'm not familiar with where it goes in Headway, but most themes have a style.css or custom.css that you can place code into.

9. I found that place and it still doesn't work there. I guess I have to ask the people at Headway.

10. David Peralty

They'll be able to direct you to the best spot to put custom CSS. Where did you find/try?

11. Is there a way to make these font size changes the default for all forms created?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday July 19, 2012 | Permalink
  12. That style declaration would be for all forms. The selectors are generic and widespread enough to cover all Gravity Forms textual inputs.

13. Hey! Look at that! Works like a champ!

Thanks!

14. RIght on, glad to help!

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.