PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Changing content of notifications based on answers given.

1. I would like to send certain predetermined notifications based on answers that were given in the form. I see in the docs that you can change the "To" and the "format":

gform_autoresponder_email

Use this filter to dynamically change the TO email for user notifications.

gform_notification_email

Use this filter to dynamically change the TO email for admin notification.

gform_notification_format (new in v. 1.6)

Use this filter to change the notification email format (text or html)

But I can't find where I can change the content of the email. Is there a hook to do this or is there some way to create a notification in php and have that send using GravityForm's functions?

(I realize this requires custom code and have created a method to catch the different answers upon submission)

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 3, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Conditional notification messages are not currently a built in feature.

You would need to write your own custom PHP to send your own emails when the form is submitted. You would use the gform_after_submission hook and custom PHP to create and send your own emails using PHP.

You wouldn't filter the existing notifications you have configured, you'd have to use PHP to create your own emails and send them using PHP.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 6, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Please consider adding this as a function.

4. We most definitely will. It's already on our roadmap. It is a feature we will be implementing when we completely overhaul the Notification system in Gravity Forms.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.