PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Changing the name of field name

1. How do I change the name of a field, e.g. "input_1" to "FIRST_NAME"

and what is the purpose of Admin Label

sorry, but I can't find documentation on either

thanks.

<li id='field_1_1' class='gfield    FIRST_NAME           gfield_contains_required' >
    <label class='gfield_label' for='input_1_1'>First Name<span class='gfield_required'>*</span></label><div class='ginput_container'>
    <input name='input_1' id='input_1_1' type='text' value='' class='medium'  tabindex='1'   />
    </div>
    Posted 11 years ago on Friday October 26, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Hi
    This will help me as well as I have a requirement in order to have custom field names for hidden items in order to interface through to moneybooker.
    Regards
    Cara

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 15, 2012 | Permalink
  3. David Peralty

You aren't able to change these. They are automatically generated to make sure that our forms work correctly.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 15, 2012 | Permalink
  4. This is really quite disappointing. Developers need more control at times, and this is highly restrictive. Is there any way around it?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday November 30, 2012 | Permalink
  5. David Peralty

Gravity Forms requires unique names to work, and allowing developers to potentially name two fields the same would break too many things. This was the best system we could think of.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday November 30, 2012 | Permalink
  6. I have the same issue. The salesforce web-to-lead plugin states:

"You can find your Custom Fields under [Your Name] → Setup → Leads → Fields, then at the bottom of the page, there’s a list of "Lead Custom Fields & Relationships". This is where you will find the "API Name" to use in the Admin Label or Parameter Name."

Is this entirely wrong? I am unable to have a custom response sent to salesforce due to this issue. Is there a workaround for this issue?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday December 13, 2012 | Permalink
  7. @Nathanael, we were not talking about Salesforce. But, as stated previously, you cannot change the name of the form fields in Gravity Forms. You can use the gform_after_submission hook to send whatever data you want to Salesforce, or you can use this 3rd party add-on for Salesforce/Gravity Forms integration:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-salesforce/

8. Additionally, the 'parameter name' value is not passing to my forms, which is the alternate method given by Salesforce to pass parameters.

9. Sorry, replied to quickly. Thanks, will check out the plugin.

10. Let us know if you need additional assistance.

11. David Peralty

Have a look at the following which might help you send details to Salesforce - http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_after_submission