PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Check I am on Confirmation page for text confirmations?

1. When a user has submitted their data, I have it set to text confirmation.

Now in my wordpress template I want to detect they are on a confirmation screen - and then grab the entry and show a related text. I know I can do merge-tags but I want to simply check that this is a confirmation? e.g. if($gform_is_confirmation() == true) { show something blah blah }

I feel I am missing something simple here!

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday April 2, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Can you explain more about what you are doing and why our built-in confirmations text box isn't working for you?

3. Hi David - thanks for your reply.

I am trying to save my data to the DB, then I need to take the data from that and build a FORM which I must POST to another website (using javascript onload-> submit) . So the confirmation page needs to be just a form, as hopefully it will be a momentary delay for the user before they get taken on to the payment providers form . (There the data pre-populates their form!).

I am trying to keep the steps to the minimum you see.

I have tried using the Page confirmation option of gravity, but I cannot see a way to get the jsut submitted entry ID there? On redirect option I Can get it, but I am not keen to have it in the URL.

I think I may have to use a session?

So you see, on the text option , I would ideally like in my wordpress template to check if IS_CONFIRMATION and then not output any HTML but my little form and it auto-rediercts the person to the payment site.

Hope that makes sense and you can advise me.

ETA: caps are not shouting by the way :) Also, I think PHP session is only way with redirect to hide the GET variable in the URL, which would mean someone could see how much someone wants to donate . (It is for a charity donation).