PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Checkbox issues

1. aimkbe

I cannot find a solution for this problem:

I have created a form which allows me to upload a listing of a single family home as a post. In the form i added a custom field checkbox for the features of a home. There are about ten choices you can make; "fireplace, swimming, pool, etc"

Now in the form i am able to check a multiple of items. But after I submit and i look at the post, only the first checked item is displayed.

Please help.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday October 15, 2012 | Permalink
  2. You will need to use either the content template for the post body field which you have added to your form, or you need to pull all these custom field values into the post template. It would probably be easier to use the content template of the post body. Are you using that now? If not, please see here: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Create_Content_Template

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 16, 2012 | Permalink
  3. aimkbe

using a custom field plugin, i have created a custom field with checkboxes.

When i created the form using gravity form, I am using a custom field with a field type of checkboxes with the choice of "Swimming Pool", "Attic", "Ceiling Fans," "Fireplace," and etc... Now, the user will check the specific boxes and submit the form.

Since i do not want anything to be in the body template of the post, all inputs in the gravity form is inputted into the specific custom fields i have created.

The problem i have is once the user submits the form with the specific check boxes, the same boxes that should be checked are unchecked in the custom fields i have created in the edit post using the custom field plugin.

I am familiar with adding the checked selections into the body template. That is not what I'm trying to do. I want the checked boxes in the form to be checked in the "edit post" once the form is submitted.

If i'm still not making myself clear i will try to elaborate further. Thank you

4. It sounds like your form and your custom field plugin are not working together at this point. If the data which is being submitted by the form is not being reflected in the post editor, using the custom field plugin (in other words, the checked values are no longer checked) then something is not matched up correctly. Is that your issue? If so, it is likely a mismatch between the meta key and/or how the plugin stores the value vs. how Gravity Forms is writing the value.

Which custom field plugin are you using?

5. aimkbe

Let me correct myself. If I click more than one check box using gravity form, only the first checked box from the gravity form is checked in the custom field of th edit post.

For example, in the gravity form, I check 5 items and I submit, I go into edit post and only on of the item is checked in the custom field.

6. aimkbe

Btw thanks for your quick replies

7. aimkbe

I am using Advanced custom field plugin

8. Back to my original response. It sounds like the plugin is looking for data stored in one format and Gravity Forms is storing it in another format. That, or the meta key names are not identical.

When troubleshooting something like this, I usually save a post with all the custom fields, using the post editor, then I look at the postmeta for that post. Pay special attention to the name of the keys and the format the data is stored in. Then, you need to make Gravity Forms write the data with the same meta key (custom field) name, and in the same format. In that way, the custom field plugin can read the data which was stored by Gravity Forms.

Let us know how far you get with that. Thank you.