PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Checkboxes to Multiply Price

1. andvines99

I would like to create a form with a dropdown of price levels followed by a check list. The total number of checked items should multiply with the price level chosen in the dropdown. How can I achieve this?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday July 26, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Currently calculations like you described aren't possible which means you'd have to do this within the context of the available tools. We plan on adding calculation functionality for more complex calculations in the future.

- Add a Product Field to your form for selecting the Price Level, set it as a Drop down field type.

- For the Price of each Product int he Drop Down, if there is a base price enter it in the price. If there is no base price and the checkboxes determine the price, then make the price $0.00.

- Add an Option Field to your form for EACH Price Level. Add the Option Values, and set the price for each choice. Select the Advanced Tab and enable conditional logic and configure conditional logic so that field is only shown if the appropriate Price Level is selected

So you will actually do this with multiple fields, not two. You'll have a set of checkboxes for each price level, with each set of checkboxes configured to use the appropriate price. Then use conditional logic to show or hide the appropriate group of checkboxes.

3. andvines99

This should work for the price calculation, but unfortunately it adds a new field for each checkbox.

The form is for a camp signup. There are 5 price levels and the checkboxes are for the weeks to attend. In the backend, we want to view each week as a column on the "Entries" page, but using the conditional logic method adds dozens of fields in our case. (6 Weeks x 5 price levels)

Here is the information to present in the form. Click "Register Now!" to see the current setup.
    http://www.homerunbaseballcamp.com/camps/brooklyn-ny-camp/

Is there a way to create a function to do this? Could the dynamic population via parameter feature work, maybe on a total or quantity box?

4. It could be done as a customization using jQuery and custom PHP with the API hooks to set the price. I don't know off the top of my head the best way to do this as it's not something that has been requested before, there are probably a few different ways to execute on this. Have you done Gravity Forms customizations before?

5. andvines99

No, I have not. Could you make a suggestion for what to do next?

6. That's a tough one, there aren't any examples of this I could point you to. It's a customization and not a built in feature so it would have to be done with custom code. If you can't write the custom code your alternatives are to find a way to work around this limitation, or hire a developer to implement a customization for you.