PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Choosing where to save data in database

1. I have been trying to figure out the necessary code for changing the location where information is stored. In other words, I want to specify a specific database table for storing my GF data.

Is this possible?

Posted 14 years ago on Wednesday March 17, 2010 | Permalink
  2. This isn't possible. Gravity Forms data storage isn't configurable.

What you would have to do is use the post submission API hook, read the fields, and then store the values wherever you want to store them. You can also send the data via query string values to another page that then processes them using the confirmation redirect.

So while you could store the data in another location, you would have to write the code to do so AND Gravity Forms will still store them in it's database tables also.

In the future we may make it possible to post Gravity Forms data to another page that you then can process however you want, but that isn't how things work right now so until then you would have to use the available API hooks or the confirmation redirect to pull it off.

Posted 14 years ago on Wednesday March 17, 2010 | Permalink
  3. snomo

Any news on this? It would be a wonderful feature to be able to specify the location of database OR at the very least, the tables where the Gravity Forms store data.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday October 17, 2011 | Permalink
  4. snomo, what are you trying to accomplish? Maybe we can help you implement it. Please start a new topic. Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday October 18, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.