PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

CKEditor Integration for Paragraph Text Fields (Kevin)

1. I was working with Kevin on a NicEdit integration issue, and wanted to follow up with him on his progress on integrating CKEditor.
    I've been giving it a try, but haven't yet got it to work.
    Just a ping to Kevin... :)

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday June 9, 2011 | Permalink
  2. working on a couple of different WYSIWYG options and testing those. I'll let you know what I come up with soon.

3. Phenomenal...
    I appreciate it and look forward to your findings

4. Hi Kevin,

Have you had any success with this?

I really feel that there are a lot of GF customers that would like this capability!

Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday August 2, 2011 | Permalink
  5. My apologies. I need to go back and revisit the CK Editor test. I got derailed on that at some point and don't remember offhand what my results were.

We are planning on introducing a WYSIWYG option for the textarea/paragraph text fields in an upcoming version.. MAYBE v1.6 if we can squeeze it in there. We'll most likely be reusing the same TINYMCE version that ships with WordPress for use in the admin to keep from having to install another script that does the same thing.

6. Hi Kevin,

No apologies needed...

That would be GREAT if you could get it into 1.6, and even BETTER to use TinyMCE!

I'll keep an eye out....

Thanks!

P.S. - I know you don't want to commit to anything, but how far out do you estimate the 1.6 release?

7. 1.6 is shaping up now so probably mid-month after we've had time for some adequate testing. We'll let everyone know as soon as there's a beta version to test.

8. Great Kevin.

Thanks for the update

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.