PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Collecting Contact Info for Multiple People

1. VFHwebdev

Hi,

I'm using Gravity Forms to build some event registration forms. In a lot of cases one person is buying and paying for tickets for multiple people.

We'd like to collect basic contact information for all the attendees, not just the ticket buyer.

But I can't figure out the best way to do that. What would you recommend?

If someone is only buying one ticket I don't want them to be presented with contact fields for 10 people.

Thanks!

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 26, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

I would have a drop down that says "How many tickets" and then I would have fields for your maximum number all on the form, but hidden using conditional logic. Each set could say something like "Show this field if Tickets is less than 4" etc...

3. VFHwebdev

So if we wanted to allow people to purchase up to 10 tickets for example, we'd set up 10 sets of contact fields and show/hide them based on the quantity? That's kind of what I was thinking.

You can't apply conditional logic to the default quantity field of a product, but it looks like you can for the separate quantity field.

For a future feature request, it would be fabulous if you could set up "repeater" fields and tie them to the quantity field. That way we could create a contact info section and have that section repeat based on the number of tickets purchased.

I suspect that would be useful for other types of forms (not just events) too.

4. David Peralty

Yeah, repeatable fieldsets is a highly requested feature. The data integration is SUPER difficult though. If you've ever used our list field, and exported the data, you'd see what I mean. It is really difficult to set-up the database table structure to be flexible. Even the entries page might look odd with some having lots of information and others having very little.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.