PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Complex pricing

1. Imagine this:

We have a list of products.

Each product can have an add-on.

Each product can have a duration (starts at 1-1/2 hours, goes up in 1/2-hour increments).

The price is a function of the base product, the number of add-ons, and the duration. Yow! Can I do this with Gravity forms?

Here's a quick example of the kinds of values I'd like to get (prices simplified to show concept):

Basic petting zoo, 1-1/2 hours (shortest duration): $200
    Petting zoo + 1 pony, 1-1/2 hours: $260 (adding ponies adds $60 per pony for the first 1-1/2 hours)

Basic petting zoo, 2 hours: $250
    Petting zoo + 1 pony, 2 hours: $270 (adding ponies *and* time is more complicated)

The formula is:
    B = base price, 1-1/2 hour party
    N = number of ponies
    T = Extra time, in half-hour increments

Price = B + N*$60 + T*$50 + T*N*$10

I.e., each pony adds $10 per half hour of additional time.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday October 11, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I'm sure you can do this with the Gravity Forms; however, some of it would require a little custom code. Here's a walk-through with an example of adding a custom fee (tax) to a field. Some of the features you want could be added in a similar fashion.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gravity_Forms_Pricing:_Adding_Tax

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday October 11, 2011 | Permalink