PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conditional Email Notifications

1. Mark R

Conditional email notifications would be great! Have had multiple requests for that feature, but alas, it's still "future." Count me in as another request for this feature!

Keep it simple at first? Have the conditional email requests a function of just one radio button field. So a single input field drives the logic, and to keep it simple, have only the message field in the autoresponder be the variable output, since we can already customize the heck out of the message with HTML.

My two cents. Keep up the great work...

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 5, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I need exactly the same function - conditional email notification to the user (same as to the administrator) or the possibility to swap the notifications!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 28, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Conditional email notifications are on our roadmap. We plan on completely overhauling the Notification system in the new year. Conditional capabilities are just one of many new features we plan on implementing.

We will also be allowing you to create as many notifications as you want for a form, each with their own settings and configuration rather than only being limited to an Admin and User Notification.

Keep watching... things are only going to continue to get better and more powerful!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 28, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Zuri

+1 for this feature :)

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 30, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Jamie

Awesome to Here there are plans for this feature. I am looking forward to the ability to create multiple notifications, each custom to the email it is attached to.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday January 24, 2012 | Permalink
  6. You can accomplish this now using code you place in functions.php but it's not easily configurable from the form builder. It is on the roadmap for a future release. Thank you for the reminder.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 30, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Awesome plugin. Just fantastic. But what I desperately need (and have seen discussion about elsewhere) is an After Submission way of processing conditional logic, whether it's to send particular emails to users, creating dynamic pages based on logic entered by user in the form or, redirecting people to particular content based on conditional logic.

Basically: extending conditional logic past the submission would be an excellent way of improving this already great plugin - it would allow website developers to create complex reports, etc., send customized information to clients/customers etc.

Anyway, really hope you get to this. Still, awesome plugin.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday February 4, 2012 | Permalink
  8. +1 from me too. It would be huge.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 6, 2012 | Permalink
  9. Chris, is there an example somewhere of the functions.php code to generate conditional notifications?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 13, 2012 | Permalink
  10. @kato, if you are a license holder already, please begin a new topic in the regular support forums and I will be happy to point you to some examples.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday February 18, 2012 | Permalink
  11. Thanks much Chris. I had already found working examples in the regular support and got them working flawlessly. But i appreciate your follow-up.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 20, 2012 | Permalink
  12. I am paying a developer to create a plug-in add-on for notifications right now. When will these new notifications features be likely coming out?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 20, 2012 | Permalink
  13. All, we just released GF v1.6.4 Beta 1 that has some conditional message capabilities, check it out here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/gravity-forms-v1-6-4-beta-1-released/

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday April 11, 2012 | Permalink
  14. cool. we definetly need that as well. our example would be:

IF emailadress CONTAINS "gmail.com" OR "live.com" send emailnotification1
    ELSE send emailnotification2

(we get a lot of spam from gmail.com adresses, but there might be customers behind a few)

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday May 9, 2012 | Permalink
  15. Is there a way to use conditional logic (in the new version) to send various email messaging. For example. person checks box 1 and they then get send email A. If they check box 2 they would then get email B.

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday May 23, 2012 | Permalink
  16. Steve, right now you can only send one email, but have the text say different things based on checkbox selection using the conditional shortcode.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Shortcodes#Conditional_Shortcode

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday May 23, 2012 | Permalink