PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conditional forms

1. I have looked through the forum to see if there is anything remotely possible to what I need to accomplish and can find nothing of the sort. Basically, I would like to add some conditional logic that will allow the user to select a classification via a drop down and pull the correct form. can this be done with GF?

To clear this up a bit, I am running a team sport website and users will submit statistical data. I would like for the user to go to a submit earnings and event details page, select a drop down of their classification (16 different types of classifications). Depneding of which classification they select, I would like to pull up one of the 16 forms that suits that classification.

i.e. if the user selects that they are a #4 class then pull up the #4 form.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday October 4, 2011 | Permalink
  2. This can be done with WordPress but it's not specific to Gravity Forms.

Can you embed the different forms in different pages, then have a drop down or even just a list that will direct people to the proper page where their specific form is embedded? Or, do you need to have them all embedded in the same page?

3. Thanks for the post Chris. I didn't know if I would be able to conditionally add a form. To answer your question, yes I can have a list that would display. I am still struggling with adding a drop-down using the wp_dropdown_pages function, but I will figure it out.

4. That was the WordPress function I was going to suggest, but if this is a WordPress page, you could just use wp_list_pages and get an unordered list of links. 16 is not a very tall list, and the drop down might look too small.

If you can do it like this, and have the forms on individual pages, I think it will be easy. There's nothing in Gravity Forms that will conditionally show one form or the other, since forms don't exist on their own, they exist in pages or posts.