PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conditional Logic - contains when field is a drop down

1. Hi.

I'm trying to use the "contains" in the conditional logic with a drop down field.
    It will only allow me to select a specific drop down option. I can't populate the conditional parameter to filter for a contains "value." For example, contains the phrase - "tickets" or "2."

Thank you for your help.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday February 11, 2013 | Permalink
  2. I'll ask the development team about this one as I had the same experience. I'll find out if this is a limitation and what the use case might be for 'contains' when you can only use a drop down value selection.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 12, 2013 | Permalink
  3. I heard back from one of the developers. It looks like "contains" should probably not be in that drop down as it is currently unsupported. We'll add it to our bug list and will address it in a future release.

In the meantime, is there a specific problem we can help you work around without being able to use "contains" for your conditional?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 12, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Thanks.
    The scenario I am trying to set up in the form is:
    1) When the sponsorship level field contains a label with "2 tickets" AND number of tickets field is greater than 2 then calculate the ADDITIONAL cost based on the number of tickets times the ticket cost.
    2) When the sponsorship level field contains a label with "1 ticket" AND number of tickets field is greater than 1 then calculate the additional cost based on the number of tickets times the ticket cost.
    3) When the sponsorship level field contains a label with "10 tickets" AND number of tickets field is greater than 10 then calculate the additional cost based on the number of tickets times the ticket cost.

Your guidance is appreciated!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday February 13, 2013 | Permalink
  5. Do you have an example of this form online somewhere so we can see what you are trying to do?

Also, are you using products for the tickets or just regular form fields? Are you using any calculations in the form now?

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday February 17, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Here is the URL:
    http://www.hiwp.org/hiwp-annual-dinner-form-test/

I'm using regular form fields. I am using calculations in the form.
    I'm using product field to get the calculated total:
    {Sponsorship Level:4:value} +{Number - Credit Card Fee:14} +{Cost of Additional Attendees:17} + {Donation Amount:20}

I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday February 21, 2013 | Permalink
  7. I see the issue now. You might have to separate out some of the items in the first drop down. So, number of attendees separate from the sponsorship level. Having all that in one drop down makes it difficult to use for conditional logic.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday February 23, 2013 | Permalink