PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conditional Logic coupled with product cost calculation

1. Hi There.

I have a form to calculate the cost of car rental booking.
    I'm using conditional logic to show fields based on the vehicle type selected up front.
    One of the options is for if the user chooses the 1 day rental rate, and they have to select their estimated kilometers. Because the price per kilometer is different per vehicle type, I need a different conditional field per vehicle group.

I have found that even when I switch to a different condition, a field that was filled out, but now may be hidden, still adds to the total amount calculated.

I'm still getting the hang of it though, but need to know what the best approach would be.

my form is at - http://www.murway.co.za/wordpress/quotation-vehicle-availability-request/

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 7, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The problem is data was added to that field, and then it was hidden. So data exists in that field still.

We will have to take a look and see how we can handle this. It will probably require us to make changes to how pricing is calculated when a field is hidden with conditional logic AFTER the user entered data in it.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 7, 2011 | Permalink
  3. I've sent you email on both my tickets

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 8, 2011 | Permalink