PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conditional logic empties fields

1. Hi All,

I have a simple form:
    - 1 checkbox
    - 1 field
    There is a conditional logic on the field, that if the checkbox has been checked, it should show.

problem is that when I check the checkbox, fill in the field and then turn the checkbox OFF and then ON again, the field is emptied. Is there a way to make sure the field is not empties on conditional logic? It is complete inlogic with normal user behavious if fields are empties when they switch form options.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday May 23, 2013 | Permalink
  2. We have to clear the field when the field hides, otherwise there are certain situations where this could break conditional logic if it does not get cleared. Mainly in cases with nested conditional logic.

3. Is there any option, hook, or anything I can do to prevent this from happening? I'm not using nested conditional logic and currently the form is not user friendly when people are toggeling the checkbox. Thanks in advance.