PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conditional logic enabled checkboxes

1. Hi! First off, I want to say how amazing your product is - I've tried a bunch of different form builders, and Gravity is by far the easiest to use, particularly on complex forms.

Next, my question: I'm building a registration form for a school website and one of the questions is how parents would like to be notified of their child's absences (Home phone, cell phone, or email). Is there a way to only have the checkboxes for which the parent has input data be shown in the question, or does that require having three different questions, each asking about a different contact method?

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 20, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I'm mostly following you here, but do you have a link to your form somewhere I can see exactly what you are trying to do?

3. It's on an intranet right now for testing, so I can't give you a link, but perhaps I can explain it more clearly.

As parents are filling out the form, they must enter a home phone number, and they can choose to enter an email address and/or a cell phone number. The question is then asked which they would like to use to be contacted by the school (Home Phone, Email, Cell Phone), but I don't want them to be able to pick "Email" if they haven't entered an email address earlier in the form.

I can figure how to make a whole question appear or disappear based on previous answers, but I can't figure out if it's possible to make certain options within a question appear based on previous questions.

I hope that's more clear. :)

4. Can you export the form and send the XML to me at rob@rocketgenius.com ? This one is a tough one logically - I'm not sure if there is a way per-se to choose after the fact, but might be something we can do before.

5. ssbsupport

I'm looking for something similar to this.

I need to be able to disable options in a set of radio toggles based on the answer to a question proposed by another radio toggle earlier in the form.

For example:

Question 1 - This is a:
    • Faculty Purchase
    • Staff Purchase
    • Department Purchase

Question 2 - PC Type:
    • Desktop PC
    • 13" Notebook PC*
    • 14" Notebook PC*
    • 15" Notebook PC*

*this option should be disabled if Staff is selected in question 1 as a notebook pc is not available for Staff purchases

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 22, 2012 | Permalink
  6. @ssbsupport - in your case what you could do is create two "Questions 2" fields.

The first one would just be Desktop PC by itself and would only show if they select Staff Purchase. The other would be all 4 PC options and would only show if they select Faculty or Department Purchase.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday March 23, 2012 | Permalink